Google maps install unsuccessful

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by csandbothe, Oct 4, 2010.

1. csandbothe

csandbothe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using SS 4.8, which made my google maps inactive. I followed instructions using chevy's tools to delete maps, and found the file the the dalvik-cache folder and deleted it. I still am unable to install from the market. Any idea's? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try uninstalling using titanium backup, rebooting, then installing from the market.

3. csandbothe

csandbothe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing left in titanium is maps 4.4. However, it can't be installed or uninstalled. I searched for maps in root explorer and found no results. I also attempted to install previous versions of maps with no success. I previously used the stock froyo rom, which had maps working. However, chevy's rom is far superior in every other capacity, which is why I don't want to have to downgrade.

4. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use root explorer and look under /data/data and see if there is a com.google.android.apps.maps folder in there. If so, delete it, reboot, and install. That's what I had to do for google goggles.

5. csandbothe

csandbothe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I was able to get it running. I reloaded a previous nandroid and re-wiped before loading SS