Google Maps Gets New Update to 5.4.0

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GoogleMaps-nav.jpg

Google maps was updated to version 5.4.0. It has a few changes, and here they are below:
  • View your Google Maps searches in Google Web History for your account.
  • See additional business details for each search result on the map
  • Report “destination not here” in Navigation (Beta)
It's nothing too dramatic, but I really dig the History feature. There have been times when I wanted to take the same or similar vacation or business trip that I did previously, and I ended up having to do the research "legwork" all over again. This makes duplicating trips much easier.

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid and AndroidMarket

the86d

Reaction score
Destination not here should help others... I don't know how many times GPS has been off in new (Home and Business) developments, even if the "street" had been there for years...

therock

Reaction score
Destination not here should help others... I don't know how many times GPS has been off in new (Home and Business) developments, even if the "street" had been there for years...

I just hope some4one will be listening.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Nice! I've only ever experienced a few false destinations, but this should come in handy if I ever run into them again.

therock

Reaction score
If you are ever looking for the Cumberland Costco it will take you 1/2 mile off.

Looking at it I am wondering when it will prompt you to input the entry.

Big Lou

Reaction score
If you are ever looking for the Cumberland Costco it will take you 1/2 mile off.

Looking at it I am wondering when it will prompt you to input the entry.
I would think (haven't tried it yet) that it would simply ping Google and have them fix the error. I doubt they're letting us troll their maps and input our own destinations.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I wish they'd make a seperate app for Latitude. I don't use or want it, and since integrated I can't get network location service to stop running! SOOO ANNOYING!!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

pistacio

Reaction score
I've tried to uninstall Latitude, but get prompted to uninstall Google maps entirely. Haven't tried freezing...