Google Maps 5 question

gambit07

Reaction score
One really nice thing about the new update is the precached maps, however you only precache maps that are around you. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to actually download the maps for a specific region, such as michigan or the united states. If not I wonder if somebody will release it since I feel like it should be possible.

magnus

Reaction score
I was playing around with all the setting to do this myself.......especially as Andy Rubin mentioned you'd be able to store a map of a whole state.

But it doesn't appear to be possible yet, except by panning around the map region you want at the zoom level you want

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
I was playing around with all the setting to do this myself.......especially as Andy Rubin mentioned you'd be able to store a map of a whole state.

But it doesn't appear to be possible yet, except by panning around the map region you want at the zoom level you want

Yeah I noticed the same thing, that could work for your immediate area or city but if you want to go outside of that it wouldn't be practical. Also if you use navigation and have wifi enabled it will cache your route so you could turn off data after that, but its still kinda tedious and if you deviate from the route obviously it can't help you. I hope they enable that at some point in the future, it'd be great for battery life especially.