Google Maps 4.3 Fix for Droid Froyo Users

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can the old busybox be installed or is there a specific version i need to install for froyo?

lilhill

Reaction score
can the old busybox be installed or is there a specific version i need to install for froyo?

Just search "busybox" on the market and there's an installer app. Also, you can use Titanium Backup to install busybox - just push the "Problems?" button at the bottom center of the app home screen. It took me a couple installations of each and a restart to get rid of "busybox not found" error...

Mulciber

Reaction score
I actually just omitted busybox from the command and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Oh, and anyone who uses latitude. Sometimes my friends dont update. Sometimes they do. Anyone found any rhyme or reason as to why it only updates sometimes. It seems like everytime I open mine it updates. Could that be it? If thats the case it seems kinda retarded lol

dwagner88

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to accept any commands after the uninstall command. It wouldn't give me the # sign for it. I typed everything in anyways (though I don't think it did anything). It did work though, I'm on BB 0.1 Nextheme.

J

Johnly

I was on a SD froyo rom, and update worked liked normal. Falshed to stock froyo, and maps update is now trouble:( Just an FYI

noisufnoc

Reaction score
after the uninstall command i got "success", but then after the reboot I can't download Maps from the market. Every time the market says Download Unsuccessful.

Last edited:

wired76

Reaction score
I left out busybox in he commands cause kept getting a error. Install was flawless, after 100 attempts. Good to go now.

Cortez

Reaction score
everything works great minus when I get to 'sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps' it says "error unknown command uninstall"....any ideas?

edit: WORKING!! Thanks

Last edited:

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I am having a bit of trouble uninstalling Google Maps. I want the update and am running the Froyo 2.2 OS.

When I go tot terminal emulator I typed in the "su"
then when i got to the next command line i type in "mountsys"
then it sas "mountsys: not found"

help?

lilhill

Reaction score
I am having a bit of trouble uninstalling Google Maps. I want the update and am running the Froyo 2.2 OS.

When I go tot terminal emulator I typed in the "su"
then when i got to the next command line i type in "mountsys"
then it sas "mountsys: not found"

help?

Are you running a JRummy ROM or are you running a ROM other than a JRummy?

If you're running JRummy, I'm not sure what you should do, but if you're running a different ROM then use the instructions for "All Other Roms" listed below the instructions you're using above...

MJ5150

Reaction score
The instructions in post #1 worked perfect for me, and I didn't even need to reboot. I am using Kangerade from JRummy.

-Mike

jaydoubledub

Reaction score
I'm still having the same issues. However, veforeI tried the online fixes I tried to do it the same way as the old Adamz Smoked Glass issue. I went to deletes the Maps.apk and uninstall from applications. No workey there and then I tried the terminal routes too.
I wanted to put in a though (and question) do you think the addps to sd installations has anything to do with it? I found some Maps.apk stuff on my sd card too

jaydoubledub

Reaction score
I'm still having the same issues. However, veforeI tried the online fixes I tried to do it the same way as the old Adamz Smoked Glass issue. I went to deletes the Maps.apk and uninstall from applications. No workey there and then I tried the terminal routes too.
I wanted to put in a though (and question) do you think the addps to sd installations has anything to do with it? I found some Maps.apk stuff on my sd card too

apparently losing Maps also means losing my ability to spell as well lol