Google Maps 4.0 Broken?

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
I updated to 4.0 the other day and today I got a white screen and an unresponsive google maps app. I have never had problems with maps before except for some inaccuracy. The menus worked but normally you get a loading pane, but I didn't get that. Just a gray grid then immediately to white screen.

I have fixed it by uninstalling the updates and reinstalling it but I was wondering if anyone else has ever got the white screen. Do you think this is a 4.0 problem or Google Maps problem, or an isolated incident.

Also it's so frustrating when the GPS can't find my location. Makes Maps useless.

jbernard703

Reaction score
I am having a problem posting a pic with my Buzz. When i select pic from gallery it allows me to crop to the appropriate size but when i hit save i go right back to gallery. Anyone know what i am doing wrong or run into the the same problem/

Droid916

Reaction score
Before the update, my location was accurate.
Now, after updating my location is waaaay off.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before the update, my location was accurate.
Now, after updating my location is waaaay off.

Exact opposite here. Location is MUCH more accurate. And (oddly enough) it even appears they have enable wi-fi location (i.e. when I turn on my wi-fi is locates to a very small area very near my actual location, with wi-fi off the location is off more and the 'area' is much larger).

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Installed it yesterday, no initial problems noticed. Only time it is inaccurate is when it cannot find a satellite, usually indoors at work.

korp

Reaction score
Mine wasn't working so I uninstalled and reinstalled it works like a charm.

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I'm in the now not working camp. no problems before now my location is way off, it gets stuck, and can't do anything.
Of course I don't use it much going back and forth to work, but today i could fine a business in a maze of an industrial park. Happily I reached for my google maps only to have it not work and spent the nest 30 min. driving around. made in 10 minuted before they closed, but not without a few choice words. :icon_cussing::mad:

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Since the upgrade I have not been able to access my maps that I set up in google maps. Everything else works fine

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Turn off your Droid and remove\reinstall the battery it should correct it...