google map navigation voice changing

eodguy2

Reaction score
so far love the ics update. but I'm a little stumped. while in navigation mood, I get the new "sexy" lady informing me where to turn. problem is it keeps changing go the voice of a lady that sounds like she is going to kick my arse! then goes back to sweet sexy lady! little worries that phone is possessed ;)

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Mine has a few voices...one if the new one like you hear, then it will sound like its trying to change back to the old one and then there is the one that sounds like a cigarette smoking granny from jersey!

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have experienced the different voices also. I have named it the Sybil effect.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with a new sexy lady voice, it came with a 12yr old girl.

I've seen a bunch of weird things happen with voice while using navigation on ICS. Earlier it kept telling me everyonce in awhile I needed to I stall voice, even though not only did I already have all the stock stuff I also had Svox. It's stopped doing that, but I'd also have it switch voices at times, but it seemed like if/when it happened it would start out using the little girl voice then after awhile switch to Shod. Yesterday I got that I need to setup voice message again. This morning I looked it into it & the actual voice for Svox(app is 2 parts the engine & the actual voices) wasn't installed anymore. At least this time there was a reason for the message, however I'd like to know how the voice got uninstalled. This is the queerest part, it's a 2 part install, first a market app then you pick the voice & it downloads the voice file, I only had to install from play store & then it was done(actual voice file was still there). In the past if i uninstall I'd have to download voice again.

1339708296469.jpg

watamensch

Reaction score
I have one voice that offers distance, and another that offers street

V1: Turn right in 1 mile
V2: On Elm Street

SallyC

Reaction score
Mine, like watamensch's, seems to be varied depending on if it's more local directions or bigger picture.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I haven't noticed. I'll have to start paying closer attention to the voices...been accused for years of not paying attention when certain females start yakkin' at me. Of course I have always denied it, but is it possible there might be a shred of truth to it??:unsure:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the young woman voice. It sounds better then the voice of a woman who, if she has to tell me to turn right ahead one more time, is going to scream! :)

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used it three times over the last two days. I noticed a change in voice on one of the trips.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I have noticed this on our ICS phones. Ours randomly switch to a lady who sounds a little "slow" for a period of time.

jaybogg

Reaction score
How do I unsubscribe from a thread???

In your login box, select "settings". This will show subscriptions with new messages. At the bottom right of this list select "view all subscibed threads". find the thread you wish to unsubscribe from in this list and check the box to the far right. At the bottom right of this list select "Selected Messages", "Delete Subscription", "Go". Done Deal!!:biggrin:

hbgirl1968

Reaction score
We were driving yesterday into Los Angeles and using my Google navigator. The voice kept switching mid-instruction from a sweet voice, to a raspy voice, to a voice with an attitude. I'm gonna name her Sybil unless I can fix this...

Anyone have a suggestion?

bionicdr

Reaction score
This is maddening! I turned off the voice it was bringing out the Sybil in me :-( :) :-D

Mine has the fast voice repeat over and over again "take county road G for 3/4 mile.

I have svox GB English installed and she will give me the actual directions.
But they overlap and the county road g lady just never stops, almost like a broken road. Oops record.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2