google listen

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using the current Market release of Google Listen on my D2 w/out issue...have you guys tried wiping data? I know it sounds extreme, but if you really want to use Listen, might be worth it to you. :)

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
I'm using the current Market release of Google Listen on my D2 w/out issue...have you guys tried wiping data? I know it sounds extreme, but if you really want to use Listen, might be worth it to you. :)

what do you mean by wiping data? Google listen is one of the first programs I tried to install on my phone so it was pretty fresh. Also you may be the only person running the latest version of listen on a droid 2. Have you done anything funky to your phone? Root etc?

If you check the listen forum this is a pretty wide spread problem.

Freelancer

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of problems with Listen lately as well, mainly it throwing up an error and saying the podcast file can't be played- but this would only happen sometimes. The comments in Market seem to suggest there may be some issues with Listen since Froyo, so I tried an app called PodKast and it seems to work pretty well, and though it has a few quirks of its own, but still seems to get the job done better than Listen does at the moment. It supports video podcasts too.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

what do you mean by wiping data? Google listen is one of the first programs I tried to install on my phone so it was pretty fresh. Also you may be the only person running the latest version of listen on a droid 2. Have you done anything funky to your phone? Root etc?

If you check the listen forum this is a pretty wide spread problem.

I ran Listen fine both before and after rooting my Droid 2...did nothing special, it just installed automatically as a part of the app restore process after logging into the phone w/my google account.

Had no idea I've been so lucky - works perfectly for me. Now you have me nervous. ;)

By wiping data I mean a Factory Reset - an option in Settings>Personal

Frankly, I've had so many problems w/Google Listen due to its inability to reliably FF or RW when playing streamed podcasts that I've been using BeyondPod more lately, which does much better job of allowing you to change your place in a podcast while streaming it.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
there is a fix.

uninstall listen. Reboot your phone.

goto Redirecting

download listen 1.1.1.apk

then install.

this worked for me and a number of other people.

Worked for me too. Thank you! Now if we can just find a fix for the Sirius XM App getting stuck in a loop all the time with Android 2.2...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
there is a fix.

uninstall listen. Reboot your phone.

goto Redirecting

download listen 1.1.1.apk

then install.
This worked for me also, exept I didn't uninstall the previous version, or reboot my phone, I just downloaded the said listen.apk and installed it right over the previous non-working version I had installed