Google Launches New Play Test Advertising Campaign

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google has launched a new advertising campaign centered around their play store services. The two new videos showcase a scientist explaining Google's cloud based music streaming and video rental services using a few different visual representations that include bananas, mirrors, and a strange orange liquid. Check them out below.

[video=youtube;OqOfoswnln8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqOfoswnln8&feature=player_embedded#t=0s[/video]

[video=youtube;IqVYDwQRom4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IqVYDwQRom4#t=0s[/video]​

Source: Phandroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
As long as you're not rooted :D

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Not as cool as the ones the did for Chrome, but cool none the less.

tutorialbs

Reaction score
Kinda clever, but idk about the analogy. Mb I just don't understand what Google plus does, but if I download media files on my computer's hard drive, they are only physically on my computer's hard drive until I download it on my smartphone. I might be able to do that a little faster if the file is saved on some speedy server in the cloud as well, but the actual file isn't there... unless it's set to auto download on all your devices, which sounds like a big waste of power & data to me.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The song is instantly available for play on your phone, tablet, other computers, etc as soon as you upload it to your main computer. Playlists are instantly available as well and synced between devices. If you want the actual file then you can download it through Play Music, so what's the problem? There has to be some kind of data connectivity to do so, but otherwise it would be magic so whatcha gonna do :blink:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
MissionImprobable said:
Fixed that for you. Clever commercials.

I was thinking of that or in a limited data plan. But, you can't watch Google movies on a rooted android device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of that or in a limited data plan. But, you can't watch Google movies on a rooted android device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Yeah, I knew what he was getting at but our hate for VZ's foolishness must be strong :happy3: