Google latitude shows wrong location

khw1959

Reaction score
:icon_eek:Ever since the last Map's update it shows me about 2 miles away from my house.(computer)

3G is off and WIFI is on. Open the app on the phone it will initially show me also in the wrong location then correct the location. Refreshing the computer will also show correct location. This will last just for a bit after closing Latitude. Then in wrong location again.

Just asking if I am alone in this.

ugafan2081

Reaction score
I have the same problem and it does this is maps since there connected the same way

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Caddoview

Reaction score
If you are in East Texas, its an outage. Going on for over a month.

OP
khw1959

khw1959

Reaction score
North Fl.(Near Jax) worked for awhile yesterday.:icon_evil:

OP
khw1959

khw1959

Reaction score
Well to answer your recondite question.
Yes I do.
Son in college and travels allot. Also love watching him travel back home.
Family with OTR truck drivers.

I is not a SPY program for me just to be intrusive into there lifes.
I am also disabled and if I get in trouble, it helps locate MEdancedroid.

perryinfl

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem and live close to you too!

I found your thread after a quick Google search for an answer to this very problem; It seems you and I are in the same boat!
Checkitout...I posted this question on Yahoo Answers;
"There are two spots about 2 miles from my house that Latitude keeps placing me in, repeatedly.. in addition to my real location. It looks as if I am moving from my home back and forth to these two other locations about 2 or 3 miles from here. I used to think it was because my LG Optimus M had "GPS Assist", but now I have a Samsung Admire which does not have GPS Assist and it is showing those same two locations on my recent latitude history as my Optimus used to show.
Why does it do this? I have never been to that ballpark or that side street around the corner. Am I sleepwalking or what? :)
It is always those SAME two location it mistakenly shows me visiting.. day after day, one, then my home, then the other, then my home for a while, then the 3rd location, then my home a few times, then the 2nd location, etc...etc..
What is going on.. why is it doing this? What is the point of having Latitude if it is going to show me places i so often have not been?"

Many of the answers I got says that it is because that is the location of the two nearest cell towers to me, and sometimes it uses them to locate me instead of
satellites, but this cannot be, i dont think.. because I do not have GPS Assist on my new phone, yet it still shows me in those two strange locations, which worries me..
because I watch a lot of those true crime dramas on tv.. and what if I need to prove to some investigation one day that I never left home, they're gonna think I am lying if they look at my Google Latitude! :icon_ devil: JK!
But really, what's the point, if it's gonna place me at locations I have never been? I love the concept, and am not at all concerned like so many others seem to be, about "Big Brother" possibly knowing my whereabouts... I have nothing to hide and like the convenience over the possible "Ivasion of Privacy".. which doesn't concern me at all, especially compared to the convenience of the technology and the convenience of having a complete history of where I spend my time. It is a great trade off IMO... Google and/or Big Brother can watch me sit at home on my couch all they want! haha hehe :icon_ banana:
But seriously; Please let me know if you find a suitable explanation for our Latitude discrepancies.. as I too am disabled, and I too, live very near to you!
Maybe it is a NE Florida/Jacksonville/local problem? IDK
Sorry my reply was so long.. good luck with yours, and I will let you know if my Y.A. question yields any reasonable explanation or remedies.
Be groovy,
Perry in Jax, FL
:icon_ lala:

Last edited: