Google Latitude Not Accurate?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Mateenager, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

I wanted to see if this was a problem occuring with just me, or if it's an ongoing problem.

Whenever I load up my google latitude from my phone or my computer, it never EVER seems to be accurate. When I want to check my friends/family members locations, it either hasn't updated for 45 minutes, or it just flat out is not accurate at all.

However, my location on my maps seems to be fine. Whenever I do a My Location on the Maps, it shows me accurately and whenever I use the GPS for directions, it seems to work well.

It's just whenever I use my latitude to locate my friends and family, it doesnt seem to update a lot on their location, and when it does, it's not accurate as it should be.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Has anyone else had any of the same problems?
  2. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I have before when gps signal was weak and I was NOT also enabling network location awareness.
  3. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

So do I just have to accept the fact that it will never be accurate, or is there some kind of UPDATE or other programs I can download to fix this?

It would be REALLY convenient for me if I could resolve this issue.
  4. Mateenager

Mateenager New Member

Unreal.

Anyone?
  5. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

I have the same problem unless I have my sattelite on. I don't think it's the app though. My son has an HTC Hero and his is always accurate. We live in the same house mind you. When I open lattitude, he's in the house and I'm like a mile down the road.
  6. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

Yeah same problem here. I just quit using it. The other person needs their GPS on, but it still never seemed real time. Sometimes, like you said, it would be last updated 45 minutes ago. Not real useful if you ask me.
Search tags for this page
google latitude inaccurate
google latitude is not accurate

google latitude not accurate

google latitude not accurate android

how accurate is google latitude

how accurate is google latitude on android
how accurate is google latitude?
how accurate is google location history

how accurate is latitude

why is google latitude not accurate