Google Latitude... Gone?

Reaction score
I tried to use Google latitude and it is gone, it does not show up in my apps any longer. I can still access it through Maps, but the direct link that was always there is now gone.

Can anyone relate or help? Please?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
steveninspokane said:
I tried to use Google latitude and it is gone, it does not show up in my apps any longer. I can still access it through Maps, but the direct link that was always there is now gone.

Can anyone relate or help? Please?

Never used it but I did come across it. Open your browser, upper right corner press more, next screen bottom right corner press even more, long press latitude and you can down load the app from there and put a shortcut on one of your home screens. I think.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I know you can get there through Maps, but there use to be an Icon in the app list that was primarily for Latitude. I have no idea why it disappeared, but I would love to figure out a way to get it back. :(

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
steveninspokane said:
Thank you for the replies. I know you can get there through Maps, but there use to be an Icon in the app list that was primarily for Latitude. I have no idea why it disappeared, but I would love to figure out a way to get it back. :(

In the play store have you tried backitude? It'll give you an icon on your home screen.

Last edited:
OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
In the play store have you tried backitude? It'll give you an icon on your home screen.

Yes, I tried it this morning, the link goes to the backitude app, not to Latitude.

However, I did find an app that will suffie until Google figures out that they wronged everyone.

Anyone else need this, it is called: edutitaL That is Latitude spelt backwards, and ironically enough it has the same Icon, but it's upside-down. :)

Grandad

Reaction score
It's not a bug but a feature! The new updated version of Google maps does not have a separate icon for Latitude. Just open Maps and select L:atude from the pulldown list in the top left corner of the screen.

If you want the icon back you could uninstall the maps update. Go to settings->Applications->Manage applications->Maps and click on uninstall update.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Google is cleaning up the Android system and apps / app icons. Lattitude is a part of Google Maps so they have removed it's separate icon and you access it through Maps (they both launched Google Maps anyway).