Google Latitude feature

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by volkerbradley, Jan 14, 2010.

1. volkerbradley

volkerbradley New Member

Am trying to use the Latitude feature of google maps in order to set my phone so that my wife can see where I am. I can't figure out how to do that.
    Can someone tell me how to do this?
  2. brochaos

brochaos New Member

does she have latitude on her phone? they also need gmail/google accounts. then you just request them i think and they get a message that so and so is requesting to see their location. and then when you are both signed into latitude through google maps, then the icons should pop up.
  3. Hypnotic

Hypnotic New Member

Go to the maps application press the menu button press join latitude and bam. You should have the latitude feature from where the join latitude button was and you can add contacts and stuff :motdroidvert:
  4. volkerbradley

volkerbradley New Member

I was in the Directions section of maps and when I clicked on the menu, I could not see the join latitude feature. Once I knew that this menu existed, I looked around the maps system until I found join latitude.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  5. JamesX

JamesX New Member

If your wife does not have a smartphone with 3G she will then be using the iGoogle widget.

The email she will receive from you trying to befriend her will have the link.

if she is using iPhone she will have to have have the latitude web page open for it to auto-detect her location. There is no App for latitude, she will just have to add the bookmark to her homepage.

DROID's map updates latitude in the background so you don't have to worry about that.
Search tags for this page
how can you tell if google latitude location is set
how to know when someone manually sets their latitude locati
how to tell if someone set their location on latitude

latitude app for droid

latitude app for droid being removed