Google keyboard gets a much needed update and I like it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Swype show everything in the clipboard like the Samsung one? I may have to try it again. I don't know when/if I've ever used Swype...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It uses gestures to copy, paste, select all, etc
This is just some of the gestures but it doesn't have a specific access to the clipboard like the Samsung one does.
2c343cb5eeef46aacdc3eb46b1b391da.jpg

For access to my clipboard history, which I very rarely need, I use Amidst app
72474fb348a40e1b626d48cb4ef0fe9c.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The bottom one in the link worked for me. It reminds me MUCH of Swype beta, and that's a good thing, as far as accuracy, speed and general layout.
What I mean by accuracy is how sloppily I slide and it figures out what I much more than what I am used to. The trace line being back I don't mind either. My only "bugaboo" is it doesn't auto cap the I like I'm used to Swype auto correcting without having to have auto insert correction enabled.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Ah! They updated the post. Got it now.

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Does Swype show everything in the clipboard like the Samsung one? I may have to try it again. I don't know when/if I've ever used Swype...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I like the Clipper Plus app. It has a bunch of great features and allows you to edit, organize & sync everything on your clipboard. They have a free version as well .

S5 tap'n

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I like the latest update, but I do miss the "holo" themes.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing out another update I got to it last night. It was supposed to be more bug fixes when gesture typing. Other than not auto capping the letter I , I hadn't noticed any bugs. If Swype goes wonky again i could definitely live with this one and get used to having to manually cap the letter I.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yours doesn't auto cap the I? Mine does. I am using it right now & when I type the word I it capitalizes it for I.

I was a long-term diehard Swiftkey fan, as I may have already said in this thread, but I didn't care for some of the changes they made to predictions & auto correct. As I believe I also said, I've been using Google keyboard for a long time since then & loving it.

I really like the swipe from backspace to delete & the ability to control the cursor with a swipe over the space-bar. Those are nice additions that I didn't even know I wanted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I may have to try Google Keyboard. I hate Samsung's. After using it for months, it still is ridiculously inaccurate. The only thing I like about it is having the numbers on top.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I may have to try Google Keyboard. I hate Samsung's. After using it for months, it still is ridiculously inaccurate. The only thing I like about it is having the numbers on top.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
This new version of Google KB adds the numbers on top, but selectively. They're out of the way when they're likely to not be used, but there when you're probably gonna want them. Can't say that it's perfect, but it's a nice touch.

I never really cared about having the numbers on top, as it's just a long press on the top row for any number, or a tap down by the space bar if I'm going to be typing several numbers. I do really like that they added another layer to the numbers section where you can tap again and get them laid out more like a phone keypad. That's much easier than going across the top when you've got several numbers to input, imo and something that I missed from Swiftkey.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you folks received this update through the Play Store, or is everyone side loading from APK Mirror? I checked on Wednesday and today and still don't have an update for Google Keyboard available from the Play Store (have several updates for other Google apps available).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you folks received this update through the Play Store, or is everyone side loading from APK Mirror? I checked on Wednesday and today and still don't have an update for Google Keyboard available from the Play Store (have several updates for other Google apps available).
I've got auto correct off. I use far too many obscure and strange words for it to keep up. Swype fixes it even with auto correct off.
Yours doesn't auto cap the I? Mine does. I am using it right now & when I type the word I it capitalizes it for I.

I was a long-term diehard Swiftkey fan, as I may have already said in this thread, but I didn't care for some of the changes they made to predictions & auto correct. As I believe I also said, I've been using Google keyboard for a long time since then & loving it.

I really like the swipe from backspace to delete & the ability to control the cursor with a swipe over the space-bar. Those are nice additions that I didn't even know I wanted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I got mine from the Play Store. Edit. I just remembered I got the keyboard from the Play Store but the update in this thread from a mirror then an update to the mirror update came from the Play Store.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm in love with this keyboard. I side loaded it earlier. Got an update today so I could actually read the change log.
I miss my holo themes, too but swipe space-bar to move the cursor? Finally!!
This might be the greatest thing since bread was sliced.
'Stang, * is only 1 tap away. Johnny, what do you mean about the numpad coming up? Haven't seen that yet.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Show me the one tap away for *.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Default.