Google is terrible at fixing map issues.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have written google 30 times, sent error reports from most businesses that are incorrect, but yet nothing has been corrected in months. We have a large loop that circles our city and every address on this loop has an incorrect marker location. Basically if a business is supposed to be at the 1pm position on the loop google has the marker at the 7pm position. It leads everyone miles out of the way and actually caused a bit of embarrassment when I was showing the Droids cool navigation. I punched in a local business that everyone knew and google maps led us to an open field. 10 miles in the wrong direction.

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm sure they have a million map errors and will get to them as they can. I guess I have had good luck with Google and gotten my location correct!

markmicallef

Reaction score
I sent them a correction and it was quickly answered that the would look into it.
Within 6weeks I received this:

[email protected] to me
show details 11/30/09
Hi Mark,

Google Maps has been updated to correct the problem you reported. You can see the update here, and if you still see a problem, please tell us more about the issue:
Link to view and/or reopen issue

Report history
Problem ID: 5F6D-1FC8-AA3A-BBB4

Your report: This is NOT West Side Plaza Shopping Center, This is Omnitrans Public Transportation Yard. 1700 W 5th St, San Bernardino, CA 92411 Omnitrans

--
Thanks for your help,
The Google Maps team

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a link on where to report errors? There is a road they have listed as Seaworld Drive and it's actually Squires Road near my house. Seaworld hasn't been here in 10 years.

abbyt

Reaction score
Google Maps had the name of my street spelled wrong. I emailed them (at the link above) and within 48 hours had a response stating that they would verify then correct the issue within 30 days. I checked about 6 weeks later and the error was fixed. I was actually pretty impressed at how fast they corrected the issue.

Steve H

Reaction score
Google's maps are not bad as compared to the GM navigation system. It is as much as 15 miles off in some areas where I live (southern Utah).

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Oh wow, Google Maps is pretty infallible here in Middle TN. I've used the online version for years and never had a mistake, and I've navigated to 3 new places using the Droid and all were dead-on with the directions.

Can't say the same for Yahoo or Mapquest....THOSE were (are?) horrible.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've sent the same issue to them a few times and always get the automated standard response that they will look into it. Oh well.

thelion

Reaction score
Yeah they are. My housing community has been here for five years and yet we STILL don't exist on Google Maps.

Meh, oh well. I know where I live and I just tell people coming here to turn on 48th, NOT 47th like Maps says to. Some don't listen though and call me wondering why they hit a dead end.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
Can someone post a link on where to report errors? There is a road they have listed as Seaworld Drive and it's actually Squires Road near my house. Seaworld hasn't been here in 10 years.
Find Road & Map Errors On Google Maps? How To Report Them

This lists navteq, but actually, Navteq on my Garmin has it correct. I just did an edit for the POI on google maps and then selected report an issue. One of those is the Marker is in the wrong place, which all of mine are. Oh well...I won't hold my breath. Bad thing is...if someone was new to town and punched in to get someone to the emergency room.....google would lead them to an open field miles away.