Google is Supposedly Planning to Co-Develop its Own Processor for Android [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iridescent-Microchips.jpg

This morning has a strangely intriguing bit of rumint. According to the latest hot gossip, Google has been having talks with various microchip manufacturers to hammer out a deal to co-develop their own chip for future Android devices. The obvious conclusion from this rumor (if true) is that Google wants to have their own hardware so they can ensure that future iterations of Android works more smoothly across multiple devices.

This is basically the same approach that Apple takes with their iPhone and iPad products. It's not a bad idea and could help reduce the "fractured" Android landscape a tad. Of course, the biggest reason for the fracturing is that many OEMs take time to put their own "spin" on the Android UI. Still, if Google can ensure a more stable hardware architecture for future Android products, it could also mean they are planning on upping their game with fancy new features we haven't even thought of yet.

If this proves to be true, what do you think of this move from Google?

Source: The Information

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really miss ye olde days of yore (aka 2009) when Google actually stood for open source and freedom.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk. As much as I hate to see them go the full apple route, there's something to be said for them making hardware that perfectly suits their software.

I could be wrong, but I see Google going more the Microsoft route. Like the Surface & other Microsoft branded devices, Google could simply offer another choice in the market.

Look at the Nexus line. Personal opinions aside, Google works super closely with the oems on those devices & it shows.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I would make it like a Melting pot of the various Tech Features available from the Top Chips.