Google is Donating to Special Needs Education With Every Android Pay Purchase

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tappaygive-blog.png

Between all of the different mobile payment platforms available, it can be a tough call choosing which one to focus on. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are indifferent to the logistical differences between them, perhaps a different incentive might entice you to choose one. Google has teamed up with DonorsChoose.org, and will donate $1 (up to a total of $1 million) to special needs education projects.

This program will start today (November 24th, 2015) and will last through December 31st. On top of that, Google plans to double the amount of donations for each Android Pay purchase on Black Friday specifically. Now you can do some holiday shopping and help out the 6.4 million children in the US education system with special needs issues.

Source: Official Android Blog: Tap. Pay. Give.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This hits home. My daughter has Down Syndrome.
It is a wonderful cause. I also have children with special needs (adults now). It is amazing how high they can fly when they are given the resources to excel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Our teenage son is special needs too. He is blind and severely autistic. This is a great cause.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
good guy google being a good guy.

a part of me feels like they are actually going to make more money on this then they will put out. Still 1 million in donations is absolutely nothing to scoff at and a pretty cool thing for them to do.