Google is About to Change the Way Ads are Displayed on Their Search Pages [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4-ads-top-with-pla.jpg

According to the latest rumint, Google is getting ready to make a huge change in the way it displays advertisements on the Google.com search results page. The current method includes one or two ads at the top of the page, and several additional ads in the sidebar on the right. Supposedly, the new change will actually show 4 ads at the top and an even larger compliment of ads in the sidebar on the right. You can see an example of the final change in the screen-cap above.

The obvious effect this will have for some users is that they will have to scroll down farther to actually see their own search results. We can imagine this will not be a well received change, although advertisers will likely be happier about it. What do you folks think?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not too concerned about the changes, a little extra scrolling never hurt anyone. I do like that you used the word rumint again...very nice!

realged13

Reaction score
Sure, it might irritate some people more, but people are going to keep using it as long as it is relevant.

It's like the Wal-Mart checkout line where they lower the amount of checkout lines compared to the amount of people. Sure they could hire more employees, but if they can play the percentages right, they can piss enough people off, but still shop their. Yeah, the might lose business, but it could cost them more money to actually hire someone, so they'd rather loser customers.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, it might irritate some people more, but people are going to keep using it as long as it is relevant.

It's like the Wal-Mart checkout line where they lower the amount of checkout lines compared to the amount of people. Sure they could hire more employees, but if they can play the percentages right, they can piss enough people off, but still shop their. Yeah, the might lose business, but it could cost them more money to actually hire someone, so they'd rather loser customers.
Wal-Mart slows the lines down to give the eyes more time to see the ultra profit merchandise located at the registers called "impulse buys".

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

boidsonly

Reaction score
Eventally you'll have to suffer through a 30 second ad to see your results. Personally, I rarely ever use Google.

Not when there is DuckDuckGo, Bing, etc....

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Ads pay the bills..No biggie

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey, Bing works for the basics. They get a bad rap for being the "little guy", but the look of their main search page is much more visually appealing than the plain jane look of Google. For basic search features, they work just as well as Google IMO.
I don't use them regularly, but if I had to choose between Bing or Yahoo, I'd choose Bing all day long.
As for the OP, I have the AdBlock plug-in installed on my laptops Chrome browser, so it doesn't affect me either way.