Google Inbox 6 month review

Rate the app 5 being the highest 1 being the lowest

• 5 stars (love it and use it all the time)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 4 stars (good app and use it often)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3 stars (seldom use the app)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 2 stars (not my cup of tea, I prefer other email clients

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 1 star (this app has issues, I uninstalled it and would not recommend it to anyone)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
inbox-app-reiew-logo.jpg

Before Lollipop we had Inbox, which was Google's reimagining of the Gmail/Email app. To install Inbox you had to be invited either by Google or someone with the Inbox app. Now that it has been a year time to grade this app on its usefulness. If you own the app how often do you use it and how do you feel about the app?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I deleted it about a month ago. It never seemed to grow into anything more than how it started.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jhoward18

Reaction score
Never found inbox to be anymore practical than the gmail app. I also do not use social media so the sorting portion I never use on any mail app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No way. It's been 6 months already? (That made more sense before PC corrected the Title from 1 year)

Anyway, wasn't my cup of tea. Neat idea, but I keep my inbox pretty tidy to begin with, so I didn't find it very useful or helpful.

Last edited:

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I stopped using it about three days after I got the invite. It just isn't what I need from my email provider. <3 IMAP

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have to admit I was one who could not wait to get it and now I have it I forget it is on my phone. In fact I prefer the standard Gmail app over inbox. Nice concept but really did not care for the way they sorted mail.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hard to believe its been a year already (and I still have invites never used). Like others stated, it seemed like a good idea. It may have usefulness for some, but it just never caught on with me. I prefer the G Mail app. I keep my G Mail Inbox and folders sorted the way I want and keep if very clean & neat.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Edited the title according to wiki it has not ben a year yet.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Used it for a week, went back to gmail.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I have been using it for a few months now and enjoy it more than gmail, and actually switched over all accounts from other email addresses to my gmail just to use it more. What I like about it is it seems to be easy to use as a reminder app, say when ordering something online, and needing to pay a bill. Plus it seems to integrate better for the mobile atmosphere I try to use my phone as, and use my desktop to check gmail.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never used it, didn't see the need. Stopped using Gmail because I wanted one place to get all my mail. Went to Bluemail, which allows me to add any account I've ever dreamed of in a nice user interface, then Gmail upped their game, essentially doing what Bluemail already did. If anything, I would just revert back to Gmail, but so far so good with Bluemail.

So...er...no Inbox needed.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Same as several here, I tried it for a very short time, it didn't fit so I deleted it with the Lolli update.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I never understood what benefits you got from it, so I never cared that I didn't get an invite.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I like the interface; but as an Outlook user, I feel like there isn't enough control over how the emails are separated. If you could create your own tabs and/or folders then I think it would be a strong contender. Just tagging an email isn't quite enough for me.

Still, I have a Google Inbox tab open at work for my Hangouts conversations :)
I have my Hotmail account in my Gmail app, and I have my Gmail account in the Inbox app. Weird, I know.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an email this morning from Dropbox that if I'll install and set up their Mailbox app they'll give me another GB of storage for life.
It's very much like Inbox so far with the advantage of swiping an email to delete it vs having to do a tap to open then tap the X to delete, a much more Gmail like function and my number 1 reason for never quite acclimating to Inbox.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate