1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google goggles used to...

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by canoefoot, Oct 1, 2011.

1. canoefoot

canoefoot New Member

Am I nuts, or when you used to bring up google goggles, and pointed it say, down town, would show you what was in the area- ie: restaurants, clubs, businesses? I remember my original droid doing this, but am not having luck with my droidX. When we would go to a larger city it was an extremely useful feature... If I need to clarify let me know... any help would be super. Thanks.
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I think you are referring to "Places"?
  3. canoefoot

canoefoot New Member

As in the red balloon app? I am not questioning.. looking more for guidance... It has a real time feature?.. Oh god.. I sound like a total tool don't I ... apologies...
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Yes places has a red balloon icon. No you don't sound like a tool lol, how would you know if you didn't ask..well guess ya coulda gone thru every app... ;)
  5. canoefoot

canoefoot New Member

Ok, cool , I am familiar with Places app... but I swear I remember being able to pull up google goggles, point it down a street, and in real time, as if you were taking a picture of a business front,~but not~ it would show you as you walked down the street, the businesses.... Think college game day, downtown Lincoln NE, and you are looking at places to eat, bars, shops, etc... I have activated GPS.. yadda yadda... No? crazy pants? ... quit hittin the sauce?... anyone remember that feature?
  6. allikanbe

allikanbe New Member

Funny, you should mention that. I remember the same thing and I was just asking someone else about it. That was a cool app. You could be in a new town at an intersection and point the droid like a camera down each street to see what was there. It would pop up a name of a restaurant or gas station etc and you could tap on it and get a description.
  7. canoefoot

canoefoot New Member

Alright!!! I knew I remembered correctly! Now... to find out how to make it do that again!
  8. 561427

561427 New Member

i dunno about GG but perhaps it was one of these other ones? I have never used that before so i dont know. Just thought this might help.
  9. hatephil

hatephil New Member

The app you are looking for is called Layar or Wikitude World Browser.