Google Goggles or ShopSavvy?

ipawd1

Reaction score
Dont think this thread has ever been done, but I need answers if someone can give them...

LordKastle

Reaction score
Shop Savvy...
Barcodes will give you a specific match..especially good for hard to find or specialty items. I was trying to find a movie with a specific cover and instead of it generalizing all the same movies, the barcode finds EXACT matches.

Goggles is nothing more than a program that is completely a copy-cat of all originals.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Whats the questions?

I have both....

brianr0131

Reaction score
The thing about all of these programs that I find really crappy is that even though it supposedly searches "local" stores for you, it never really has the major big box stores listed on there.

These programs would be beneficial is you could scan an item and find out if Walmart or Target is cheaper. Without that, they're nothing more than a gimmick to me.

wkndfun

Reaction score
ShopSavvy has all the big stores. I use it all the time. I have tracked my saving by using it and I'm over $300!!That I would have spent if I did not have ShopSavvy to find a better price. I just ask the store that I'm in to price match and must of them do. If not I go to the cheaper store.

Groucho

Reaction score
ShopSavvy allows you to identify landmarks and paintings just by taking their photo?

LordKastle

Reaction score
why would you be using Shop Savvy to identify landmarks or paintings?...

I scanned a movie with Goggles and it came up with a newer version than I was looking for as I wanted a vintage cover version..needless to say Savvy found it.

And like I said multiple threads..I want my phone to be an Android phone, not a Google phone.

Last edited:

dmacdonald

Reaction score
ShopSavvy allows you to identify landmarks and paintings just by taking their photo?

other way around. That is what Goggles does. Albeit not very well in my experience (which is very limited, so take it for what it's worth).

Groucho

Reaction score

other way around. That is what Goggles does. Albeit not very well in my experience (which is very limited, so take it for what it's worth).
That was my point. I'm not sure why it's an either/or situation since, as ConqSoft has pointed out these are two apps for two different purposes.

Shazam or Twidroid?