Google Goggles not working because kernel lacks IPv6 support?

apastuszak

Reaction score
I just tried to launch Google Goggles for the first time since installing Ultimate Droid, and it keep throwing an error and it does not work in my unsupported configuration because my kernel lacks IPv6 support. I am using the stock kernel that came with UD 1.0.0.

Anyone else see this? Is there a kernel I can install that will work?

Andy

BigMace23

Reaction score
The stock kernel is a slayher, so I would probably try a chevy kernel

djembeman

Reaction score
What kernels other than Chevy's have IPv6 support. Chevy kernels always cause a reboot when I stream flash video.

djembeman

Reaction score
Script to add support

I ran accross a script that you can run to make Google Goggles run. It seems to add IPv6 support for as long as you stay booted. You need to re-run the script of you reboot. I downloaded GScript lite to run it with one click.

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
There has got to be a way to make this automatic

Isn't there some file you can edit that will cause modules to auto-load at boot? I'll have to poke around the file system and see what happens.

Andy

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've been searching for a kernel that would allow wireless tethering and Goggles to work (IPv6 support) for a few days now, and the 1.1GHz low-voltage Sapphire kernel is the first I've encountered that does. It doesn't seem to run as smoothly as the Slayher LFY kernel I had been using for the past few days, but the added functionality makes it worth it to me. We'll see how it works out! Perhaps going to a standard voltage kernel will fix the latency I'm experiencing. Thanks for the info, gadgetrants!

aeson25

Reaction score
I tried the
su
insmod /system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko
then after it didn't work, I went to my terminal emulator and found I didn't have the module at all. After a little searching I found P3 doesn't include it. Is there a way to just download just the module and place it into that directory to insert rather than installing a whole new kernal?