1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Goggles and IPv6 Supported Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Cdjones187, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Title says it all. When I start up goggles I get

"Unsupported system configuration

Goggles won't work in your non-standard system configuration (kernel is missing IPv6 support)"

What does this mean, I've never had this problem before. And thinking about it, I've ran goggles on my current rom with the same kernel I have now and it worked before.

Running UD2.4 with Slayhers LYF kernel. If this kernel doesn't have IPv6 support, which kernels do?
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

That should be the right kernel. I thought everyone touted Slayher's kernels as the only ones with that support.
  3. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Thats what i've always thought also. I think the requirement for goggles changed after froyo if im not mistaken. Never had that problem with any kernel i used before one of the more recent froyo updates.
  4. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on my rooted D1 with the stock ROM and one of P3's standard voltage kernels. I was going to change kernels to one that supports IPv6, but if Goggles doesn't work with the Slayher kernels then there's no point for me to do so.
  5. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You also can't wi-fi tether without that IPv6 support. I run a Slayher kernel and I can't do goggles or wifi tether or USB tether for that matter. No biggie to me since I don't use those things but maybe like once every 3 months.

However, I am pretty sure that when UD used a sapphire kernel, goggles worked. Don't quote me on that though, I just feel pretty confident about it.
  6. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Yeah, I assumed that lack of IPv6 support is the reason Wireless Tether didn't work for me either. I ended up trying out the Slayher 1.1GHz Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.6 kernel anyway, since P3droid's kernels are the only ones I'd expiremented with. Honestly, I don't see too much of a difference in performance from the kernel I was running before. It feels like maybe the phone doesn't run as hot, but I can't be certain, with the short amount of time I've been using it. Perhaps I'll do a little research today and see whether one of the Sapphire kernels better suits my needs.
Search tags for this page
android kernel ipv6
android usb tethering ipv6
droid 2 ipv6 kernel

goggles ipv6

goggles ipv6 android
goggles won't work in you nonstandard system configuration (
usb tethering ipv6