Google Glass Could Sell for Just $600 in 2014

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-glass-side-view.png

So far, one of the several things holding back the wide adoption of Google's wearable tech device called Google Glass has been a steep price-point. The initial limited rollout cost quite a bit more than the average person's budget. According to the latest intel, it's probable they will change a great deal in 2014. Supposedly, Google is eyeing a target price of as low as $600 for their next consumer launch of the tech-infused eyewear.

Even at $600 bucks, that's still a far cry from being what most consumers would call "affordable," so it remains to be seen just how quickly the technology will take off. Of course, it also depends on just how useful Google can engineer the hardware and software of the Android-based goggles. We also know that Google may be targeting an eventual price of just $300, although it could take years to get there.

Sound off in the thread and let us know what you think of this potential new price for Google Glass. Also share with us if your opinion of the device would change much if it became more affordable.

Source: PhoneArena

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
For me price isn't much of an issue. Id rather pay more and get something well built then pay less and get a cheap plastic. I would expect it to actually be something new and different, a strong leap forward, and would pay the $600 even up to $1500 if i knew this has great technology built into it which is useful and not just another accessory.