google earth problems

rustynail09

Reaction score
I recently found google earth on the market, dl it, and run it. Play aound an hr. or so and shut it down. Get up this morning with a full charge, start up battery left, and proceed to work. Mid afternoon I look and have about 15% left on battery (android pop up notification). I then open up battery left and see that google earth was still running in the background and killing my battery by 3x anything else running on my phone.

Anyone else had a problem with this?

Moto droid - 2.1 OTA w/ helix launcher

xfireguru

Reaction score
I tried google earth a while back and had it installed for all of 5 minutes. I didn't happen to notice it killing the battery (didn't have it for long enough), but it was a huge install and ran extremely slow.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The install is only around 5 megs now. I haven't noticed it sucking battery after posting with it, but I'll mess around a but and see if I can recreate it. Haven't had a lot of chance to play with it yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xfireguru

Reaction score
I'll look at it again. When I last had it installed it had registered in the app manager as being closer to 30 megs. I'm not sure why that would have been.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll look at it again. When I last had it installed it had registered in the app manager as being closer to 30 megs. I'm not sure why that would have been.

That was an original complaint. Not sure if they changed it our what, but I know the apk that was available on all droid was at least 20. However, it's around 5 now for me...

xfireguru

Reaction score

That was an original complaint. Not sure if they changed it our what, but I know the apk that was available on all droid was at least 20. However, it's around 5 now for me...

Here is a 10 minute old google earth install from the market.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well I'll be...haha! I didn't t think to check there... It's the DOWNLOAD that's around 6, but mine looks like yours in the settings...