Google Earth now in market w/o factory reset

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads where people suggested doing a factory reset and Google Earth would appear in the market. Well, I did NOT do a reset and today it appears in the market. Anyone else see it now when they couldn't before?

Gkope

Reaction score
Yes, just saw it this morning for the first time also. I had done my 2.1 update manually. I don't think it made a difference with this issue though.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Ahh...so they finally fixed it. No matter. The app is huge and pretty much useless compared to how far the Maps application has come.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw it today too; not by searching the Market, but it had appeared on the list you see when the Market first comes up.

GerryG35

Reaction score
I received the OTA update last weekend and this morning Google Earth appeared in the Top Free applications - for the first time at least since the update. Yes it's huge (better than 5 meg) but it is cool and I can spare the room for it. I will have to find better instructions to fully use its capabilities.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I suspect its appearance has something to do with the Google Maps update that took place yesterday. At least on my Droid it appeared only after I'd done the Maps update. Why that would be true for some people and not others is a mystery I'm not willing to invest in resolving.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Well, what I with mine is download it manually, then uninstall it, then went to market and search again... and what do you know, now I see it!

88g

Reaction score
I've factory reset already. But still can't see it. Any mean to contact google inc.

bastosero

Reaction score
I was trying to update my Google Earth app when I saw there was an update for it, but if I try to update it, it says it is "unsuccessful" and I get a "
Photo-0005%20b23.jpg
CPU ABI" error. Any fix for this?

OP
aminaked

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded google earth, checked it out once, and decided it was inferior to the map app in every meaningful way. Just forget it. Stop doing factory resets and battery pulls. The phone doesn't really need resets and battery pulls. I've only allowed myself a reboot every few days and things have been OK. Most of the time I don't believe that extreme measures are necessary on the Droid.