Google Earth GONE from the store...?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow, I am sorry.

Hey--the activation, wait about three seconds, then press 1.

Wait and let it finish.

That 'should' work.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Wait folks.

Slow down. Is this only happening to new 2.1 updaters that are immediatly going to the market and not finding it?

Thats actually normal, as the market doesn't update according to your build.prop changes (because of 2.1) for a few hours.

Updated 2 days ago and still not there. What all is lost if I do a factory reset? I use mybackup pro. Do I have to reload apparently? Do I have to redo my shortcuts? Do I lose all my android settings?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Settings, and installed apps. Some settings and apps can be preserved via Google, if you chose to set it up that way.

the matrix

Reaction score
hi,
i have a milestone upgraded to 2.1 and rooted,
and the Google Earth app is not at the market
for me :(
possibly the market detects the root?
but seems to me that the rest of apps are presents...
extrange!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Factory Data Reset seems to be the way to go, really not a big deal.

In doing so not only did Google Earth show up (and install) from the Market but now I also have the Picasa folders sync'd in the Gallery app (wouldn't do it, or even show the sync option before) and my Droid even feels snappier from doing it. Took less than 30 minutes including reinstalling all the apps, well worth it to "clean the phone" and start fresh....again.

Last edited:

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
No G Earth for me either. And I don't really feel like going through the process of backing stuff up and reinstalling....sounds like a pain.

Is this the only way to get it? Could I just wait it out (got my update Friday AM)?

FoxZia

Reaction score
Wow, I am sorry.

Hey--the activation, wait about three seconds, then press 1.

Wait and let it finish.

That 'should' work.
That's ok. I did try what you said. It wouldn't work. I went over to Verizon and the guy was nice enough to help me activate it. He did explained exactly what you said... wait a few seconds then press 1. But while I was watching him going through the process... it was more like 15 - 20 seconds before pressing 1. I would like to suggest to Verizon/Motorola that if they are planning to make more updates, they should include a Countdown pop up window like this. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, press 1 now". Something like that. It would be really helpful for deaf people.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help out. :icon_ banana:

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Yeah ive scrolled down about 100 aps and cant find it. No update yet have stock 2.01

What I did find was the Google Earth Blog..which isnt the same of course.

FoxZia

Reaction score
Yeah ive scrolled down about 100 aps and cant find it. No update yet have stock 2.01

If you still have the 2.01, you won't see the Google Earth. You'll have to have the 2.1.

bernilynn

Reaction score

If you still have the 2.01, you won't see the Google Earth. You'll have to have the 2.1.

I downloaded the apk here:

Google.Earth 1.0.apk

and then installed it manually. It works fine on my OTA 2.1

berni

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had it downloaded and removed it. It's fun to play with for a few hours and then it's boring.

Also it's a HUGE file.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Did the manual update when it became available. Downloaded Earth later that day. Now it does not show up in Marketplace. Since my Droid's fairly new, I had limited installations done... tried a factory reset from the Privacy menu. Everything re-synced, all my programs came back... and now Earth shows up in the market again.

Reaction score
You guys are runnin' around like chickens with their heads cut off. Here's a link to the .apk

http://sites.google.com/site/droidlife10/home/google_earth.apk

Install: (you should know this by now)
Download ASTRO File Manager
Put the .apk onto your sdcard by plugging the phone into your computer, pulling down the notification bar and selecting "Mount"
Unmount phone
Open ASTRO and find the .apk you just put on your sdcard
Click it once and hit Open App Manager
Top-Left you should see an "Install" option.
Enjoy!

FoxZia

Reaction score
You guys are runnin' around like chickens with their heads cut off. Here's a link to the .apk

http://sites.google.com/site/droidlife10/home/google_earth.apk

Install: (you should know this by now)
Download ASTRO File Manager
Put the .apk onto your sdcard by plugging the phone into your computer, pulling down the notification bar and selecting "Mount"
Unmount phone
Open ASTRO and find the .apk you just put on your sdcard
Click it once and hit Open App Manager
Top-Left you should see an "Install" option.
Enjoy!
I am a huge fan of ASTRO. But I get a lot of force closes after their updates after updates even before I got an update of 2.1. Maybe it's just my phone. I dunno. :huh:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Any file explorer will work. If you don't like astro, try androzip. Or just download it from your phone then click it in downloads.

Just keep in mind installing this way, you will not get updates to the program, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the updated version manually. Only way to get updates is by installing from the market.