Google Earth GONE from the store...?

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
I am convinced it has something to do with the way the update is performed...the MP is not seeing that those with the manual update to 2.1 are actually running 2.1, therefore, not showing the app.

Id belive that if the phone sitting next to mine was updated the same exact wasn't working, but he's running google earth, and its missing from his app. Stotr.. and others as well...

EAK

Reaction score
just did the manual update to 2.1 and don't see the Earth app in the market.

JCo352

Reaction score
I did the manual update the minute it came out, and I downloaded google earth. Now that I've seen this thread, I looked to see if it was still there and it's not. But and can't be because of the method of installation because I would never had been able to get it.

Last edited:

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Not sure where it went for you, but this is what I see:

2j2z588.jpg

could you download it and upload it for me mine is also not thier I'm on a droid

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
Well I see its a known issue...
Now what can we do about it???

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am not updated yet and i cant see google earth either so its not a Manual update problem. I think they pulled it to revamp it for 2.1

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
I am not updated yet and i cant see google earth either so its not a Manual update problem. I think they pulled it to revamp it for 2.1

I have it on a moto droid with 2.1 next to me....
It was revamped already

JCo352

Reaction score

Ofcourse you can't see it, you're not supposed to until you have 2.1.

LT*

Reaction score
I don't see it in the Market from my Droid, but in App Brain it shows up. Strange though that I can add it to be downloaded, and when I sync App Brain with my droid, it says it can't find it. It does say that there was an update about 15 hours ago, so maybe the update screwed it up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed 2.1 day before yesterday. About 2 hours later I installed Google Earth. No problems.

vidjo

Reaction score
Google says no droid yet

Checked the google earth website and only nexus and iphone are supported currently but droid support "soon".

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed 2.1 day before yesterday. About 2 hours later I installed Google Earth. No problems.

See i did the same thing, but i got it from when it was on the front page of downloads, not going into anything. I actually tried to search for it manually and it wouldn't come up. If you try to go to, m.google.com/earth it will take you to your marketplace, but it force closes mine everytime. So i'm not sure, it's definitely strange. How could it be the update method? How would your phone know if you got it OTA or not, it still installs the same way, the version numbers are all the same from what i've seen.

All i know is that when i updated to 2.1 i could see it, but now i cannot.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

See i did the same thing, but i got it from when it was on the front page of downloads, not going into anything. I actually tried to search for it manually and it wouldn't come up. If you try to go to, m.google.com/earth it will take you to your marketplace, but it force closes mine everytime. So i'm not sure, it's definitely strange. How could it be the update method? How would your phone know if you got it OTA or not, it still installs the same way, the version numbers are all the same from what i've seen.

All i know is that when i updated to 2.1 i could see it, but now i cannot.

EXACTLY the same with me, when I did the 2.1 update it was there, I installed it , later decided it was too big and probably wouldn't use it, uninstalled it, now it is no longer in Market and get FC and black hung broser screen when I do to manual Google link m.google.com/earth. Also did "text link to phone" on Google page and when clicking the link get same as manual browser link.

I think it is temporary Google issue, not Droid issue.

mjoshea148

Reaction score
This may not be a manual update issue - see below

Have been tempted to update manually but reading everyone's post update reports and this issue with Google Earth missing have held off.

My colleague got her update OTA and didn't install til just now. She walked over to show me the live wallpaper and I asked to borrow to search the market and guess what - no Google Earth - only Google Earth Blog and other stuff.

So - building evidence that the application might have been pulled rather than something related to performing a manual vs OTA update.

Unless folks can provide other similar instances where apps have gone missing post manual update - this may not be an issue at all OR at least not an issue with manual vs OTA.

Hope this helps.