Google Earth GONE from the store...?

streetkid

Reaction score
Sounds like a great topic for somebody to do a writeup on: Factory Reset

jaysnyder75

Reaction score
Add me to the list of people that cannot see Google Earth in the marketplace, I'm not that concerned about that as I dont think I would use it but it does make me wonder what else is there that we cant see yet. Just my 2 cents

feyvorite

Reaction score
Patience all. No need for all the work. I'm sure this bug will be fixed.

frankybabee

Reaction score
I tried getting the GOOGLE EARTH app but its actually a google earth blog...not the same thing.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Patience all. No need for all the work. I'm sure this bug will be fixed.

I have to suspect that they set something up in the store to not show GE to anyone running a version less than 2.1. Unfortunately, some quirkiness is preventing some users having 2.1 from seeing it without restoring factory settings. They may not be able to fix this until the next release, and let's not even get into when that might be...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
You will be able to see google earth in the market if you do a factory reset from the privacy settings menu.

mkraffert

Reaction score
Have been tempted to update manually but reading everyone's post update reports and this issue with Google Earth missing have held off.

My colleague got her update OTA and didn't install til just now. She walked over to show me the live wallpaper and I asked to borrow to search the market and guess what - no Google Earth - only Google Earth Blog and other stuff.

So - building evidence that the application might have been pulled rather than something related to performing a manual vs OTA update.

Unless folks can provide other similar instances where apps have gone missing post manual update - this may not be an issue at all OR at least not an issue with manual vs OTA.

Hope this helps.

Its definitely not an issue with over the air or manual update
I think they might be optimizing it for the droid.
2.1 was not "officially" available for the Droid until the first 200,000 got it. I updated early manually and I got it when it was available. I think they pulled it, because I have noticed one bug, Google earth will lock up after a while until I hit menu settings>clear map cache.

If this were the case, why would it still be showing in the market for some users (myself included). I have no trouble searching for it or browsing to it in the Travel category.

How's this sound? I saw this thread earlier, and went out and downloaded it. Then I decided to go from Adamz's Smoked Glass v6.0.1 (which was what I used to dwnload it) to the "stock" 2.1. Now it's not there. I was running the other version 2 hours ago, and it was there, now it's not. Must be something else, but I haven't a clue what.

mjp81

Reaction score
EUREKA! Google Earth in in the Market! At least for me it is, and I didn't do any data resets or anything! Not to mention its less than 6MB, as opposed to the droid-life version which was 22MB. Crisis averted!

JCo352

Reaction score
Yep it's back on my phone too. I already had it, and it told me I had an update.

Sal

Reaction score
EUREKA! Google Earth in in the Market! At least for me it is, and I didn't do any data resets or anything! Not to mention its less than 6MB, as opposed to the droid-life version which was 22MB. Crisis averted!

Yup. Me too. Got my ota yesterday and couldn't see it. No reset. Today...there it is
And it's not that big a file either. I may have to dl it now.

windstrings

Reaction score

Yup. Me too. Got my ota yesterday and couldn't see it. No reset. Today...there it is
And it's not that big a file either. I may have to dl it now.

yep.. pretty funny.. I see it too now.... I didn't do any resets, etc.... just waited for them.... goes to show you its not always you when theres a problem.

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
It's there for me now....
Was there last night...
I didn't do anything different.