Google Earth for Android!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

droidstarr

Reaction score
That sounds great! Can't wait for a full 3D view of Planet Earth on the Go.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I have a feeling Google Earth will show us the true difference in processing power between the Droid and the Nexus/ :(

mitchb2

Reaction score
sorry, but what are some of the key uses for this?

Mostly it's just "cool." It's fun to fly around the world and look at landmarks, cities, etc.

I use it for house-hunting. I'm looking at houses in Austin, Texas, from Illinois.
I use Google Earth as a quick way to get a bird's eye view of the location of an address.

J. Dub

Reaction score
K, but all I have to do is type in the address in my maps app and I get the same bird eye view that earth will use... I just don't see why earth will be needed if you have maps.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
K, but all I have to do is type in the address in my maps app and I get the same bird eye view that earth will use... I just don't see why earth will be needed if you have maps.
Earth is 3D, with a 'real' image of the area. It's more of a 'cool' app than anything :)
It basically adds the 3D layer to maps.

searayman

Reaction score
yea i too am not really seeing the point of google earth on android...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use it while planning fishing trips to new areas. Having it on the phone will let me check out areas while on the water.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Earth is 3D, with a 'real' image of the area. It's more of a 'cool' app than anything :)
I see. So I get to see 3D vs 2D aerial view. Cool.
I use it while planning fishing trips to new areas. Having it on the phone will let me check out areas while on the water.

Yes, so will maps. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see. So I get to see 3D vs 2D aerial view. Cool.

Yes, so will maps. :)

Maps of waterways are never a accurate as GE. Also, in some coastal areas you can actually see underwater reefs, deep channels, etc.

mitchb2

Reaction score
To me the biggest difference between Earth and Maps is that with Earth you can zoom out, move, and zoom back in much more quickly than with Maps.

Diordna

Reaction score
AND you get to freaking FLY AROUND! Thats all you need people! lol
And easy to understand I thought. It's awesome, can't wait.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Google Earth will show us the true difference in processing power between the Droid and the Nexus/ :(

Google Earth runs great on the iPhone and it has the same processor as the Droid. Now all that extra RAM the Nexus has compared to the Droid could make a difference, but I am still looking forward to this app!

Status
Not open for further replies.