Google Drive Soon to Arrive; Google Raises Google Docs Storage Limit from 1GB to Five

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-docs-drive.png

There are signs pointing to an imminent release of Google Drive, the cloud storage service that Google has been talking about for a while. There have been rumors and rumblings that Google would launch the service soon, and now we have a hint from Google themselves. Earlier today they bumped the quota of Google Docs storage from 1GB to 5GB, which has been rumored to be the initial amount of their "free" tier for Google Drive. Additional industry intel suggests that Google Drive will have several increments and various prices up to 100GB of cloud storage, or possibly more. Here's a quote with some more details,

Additional pricing still remains at $0.25/GB, but this could change with the official announcement. Google Drive is expected to launch with desktop and Android sync clients and enhance the Google Docs experience, giving the likes of Dropbox, Box, and other cloud syncing services a run for their money.

It's possible we will see it announced as early as today, although it could simply come later this week. It will be interesting to see how competitively/aggressively Google prices their new service to compete with the folks that are already doing it like Dropbox and Box.

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I hope there is deep android integration with this. Manly, app backup or at the most app data backup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I feel that their prices will be pretty competitive for large amounts of space. Think about it, they give you enough space for 20,000 songs on Google Play Music for free, that's almost 100GB right there.