Google Docs- how to zoom?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
So they've taken GD out of beta but with the update i can barely see my documents.
Does anyone know how to zoom in?

wfholcom

Reaction score
google Docs Zoom

I'm zooming in just like i always do, double tap and the zoom bar at the bottom of the screen. I tried a spreadsheet, a document and a pdf file and had no problem.:)

CKyle22

Reaction score
When you say Google Docs... are you talking about the web application? Or is there an Android app? Or do you mean that QuickOffice thing that lets you preview .doc files in emails?

wfholcom

Reaction score
Google Docs

I'm using the Browser which opens in Google and i navigate to Docs. Is there an App for Google Docs?

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
yes there is a app, its called "gdocs" works pretty well my only complaint is that i cant scroll through pages of a PDF without pushing the menu button first.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i should have been more clear- sorry

the problem i'm having is with the app GDOCS.
If i access my google docs from the internet browers i AM able to double tap to zoom

Does anyone use gdocs and know how to zoom?

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
What are you trying to zoom in on in gdocs? I don't seem to need to zoom in.

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
oh man, i thought i had bad eyes. sorry to hear. Sounds like you need someone to make a lower resolution app for you. ha

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
oh man, i thought i had bad eyes. sorry to hear. Sounds like you need someone to make a lower resolution app for you. ha

i'll make a new thread for this but i am so myopic that i wanted SPARE PARTS to work on the largest setting and it won't.

Mongoose

Reaction score
There are several threads on the forum about tiny text and the inability to select larger fonts so those of us with.. ahhhh...less than perfect vision can better see text. Thus far, there hasn't been a solution that I am aware of. I have noted that programs like Handcent will allow a user to expend SMS text to a readable size (for most) and that the Dolphin Browser will allow a "pinch and zoom" text expansion on certain documents/photo's obtained from the browser. I wish I could comment on office type documents but unfortunately, I dont think there has been a good solution yet...or at least not a free one that doesn't expire in a couple weeks or something. Wish they would develop an app for that. Just my .02...:icon_ devil:

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
There are several threads on the forum about tiny text and the inability to select larger fonts so those of us with.. ahhhh...less than perfect vision can better see text. Thus far, there hasn't been a solution that I am aware of. I have noted that programs like Handcent will allow a user to expend SMS text to a readable size (for most) and that the Dolphin Browser will allow a "pinch and zoom" text expansion on certain documents/photo's obtained from the browser. I wish I could comment on office type documents but unfortunately, I dont think there has been a good solution yet...or at least not a free one that doesn't expire in a couple weeks or something. Wish they would develop an app for that. Just my .02...:icon_ devil:

if SPARE PARTS actually worked it would solve this problem.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
What is Spare Parts?...and what is it supposed to do ?

Spare Parts is a free app that doesn't work, completely.
It's supposed to give you battery info, history
Gives you several animations
Allows you to control haptic feedback
Allows you to put the compass in maps.

is supposed to allow you to increase the size of all fonts.
some features don't work... ugh!!!!!!!!!

Droids

Reaction score
If I open a Google Docs spreadsheet in GDocs, it opens in Dolphin and pinch/zoom works. Regular docs though, have no zoom.

I've also heard, but not tested, that if you open any google doc in GDocs, edit and save changes, all formatting is lost, like font sizing, colors, etc.

I think an app like GDocs is very important to have on a google experience phone like this, I'm surprised that GDocs isn't more mature than it is.