Google disabling use of pre-paid cards on google wallet

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
I am running (and have been flashing new nightlies as they come) Pete's BB, and haven't had any issues with Wallet whatsoever. My $10 prepaid is still there. Today I updated Wallet from the market and the reviews said that rooted ROMs weren't supported (which makes sense I've already been up to date on their stand there). What doesn't make sense is that I'm not seeing any of the issues everybody else is and I don't know why. Hell, if it's still working great, but I'm not getting the "rooted devices are unsupported" message, my prepaid account is still there and functioning. I haven't done anything since installing it. Never restored any backups or cleared data. That's probably why, but I'm not messing with it if it's still working. Anyone else NOT having Wallet issues?

Edit: I read more and see this to be the case. But shouldn't I still at least be seeing that "unsupported device" yellow bar?
reboot and you should join us in the fun club :D

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I have rebooted...several times as I've been playing with kernels all night. Maybe because I never cleared my data since installing and it hasn't bothered running it's"compatibility" check.

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
I have rebooted...several times as I've been playing with kernels all night. Maybe because I never cleared my data since installing and it hasn't bothered running it's"compatibility" check.
it takes a while to kick in at times, but trust me it will appear. its nothing bad as the app still works fine with our special banner of rooting

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed google wallet from android market from phone,now cant uninstall it from android play from phone,so I can reinstall it.In feb,androidcentral showed us how to get it on nexus,and now,thats not even working,seems like they've done something to prevent us from doing it from android play.Any ideals how to fix?

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
I installed google wallet from android market from phone,now cant uninstall it from android play from phone,so I can reinstall it.In feb,androidcentral showed us how to get it on nexus,and now,thats not even working,seems like they've done something to prevent us from doing it from android play.Any ideals how to fix?

use titaniu use titanium backup to force the uninstall

Tas

Reaction score
So can I update Google Wallet from the market without any disruptions? It says an update is available and I just don't want to lose it or get any errors because it's not supported on the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
So can I update Google Wallet from the market without any disruptions? It says an update is available and I just don't want to lose it or get any errors because it's not supported on the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
sorry but I cannot promise that. in the past it did nothing as its just a app update but the new update asks you to sign into your gmail again so who knows if it will cause issues with them being picky of who works and who doesnt

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Did anybody get this screen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ryguy5254

Reaction score
And after I click the link, I get this screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums