Google disabling use of pre-paid cards on google wallet

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Agreed.

An odd fact, I also had my CC info stolen in Miami last year. Maybe we went to the same restaurant with the shady employee.

We're always vulnerable to theft, the point is to protect yourself by using CC companies that alert you when odd payments are made and thinking ahead about protecting yourself.

People will warm up to Google Wallet, it's no different than using a credit card. It's just foreign to people right now so they're afraid of what it may result in.

LOL..we must went to the same restaurant then.

on a side note..my Google Wallet still works. it doesnt show any error or anything.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Lol, google sucks.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

shanimal92

Reaction score
aw man, i still had $3.30 left : ( i really with they would allow you to put regular Master Card debit card son here. Anyone know if paypal is going to make an app so you can use nfc to make purchases? i have my cards already linked with them.

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
uuugggghhhh i pray to god they did not begin to actually limit usage based on devices. the same exact apk and it hasn't been updated so I am not quite sure how they could do it now but i wouldn't put it past the almighty skynet

jeremym

Reaction score
I just added 20 to mine. I installed Google wallet via the market back door method and not the hacked stand alone or rom way.
maybe that's why it works for me who knows. I do know it's working and not blocked for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
I just added 20 to mine. I installed Google wallet via the market back door method and not the hacked stand alone or rom way.
maybe that's why it works for me who knows. I do know it's working and not blocked for me.

the problem is that once the prepaid card is removed, or you reset wallet, you cannot re-add it. for those like yourself with it still intact then its fine. for anyone taking the precaution to preserve wallet and try a new rom then you are in the predicament that some of us are in unable to re-add the card

thesoldier

Reaction score
I backed up Wallet and its data through TiBu when I flashed another rom. Wallet is included with the rom so it is system data. Does anyone know if restoring the app data would bypass this issue since it was fine before? Not sure if I wanna do it since system data can cause unknown problems.

kmo

Reaction score
They're not disabling it for existing wallet users, just not letting new subscribers on till the fix happens...I don't see how this is any more hackable than any other online source for credit cards....

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
They're not disabling it for existing wallet users, just not letting new subscribers on till the fix happens...I don't see how this is any more hackable than any other online source for credit cards....
well technically they are disabling it for existing users since for those like me who have been using it for a while and deposited funds, i had to reset wallet and now i cant add the prepaid card again

I backed up Wallet and its data through TiBu when I flashed another rom. Wallet is included with the rom so it is system data. Does anyone know if restoring the app data would bypass this issue since it was fine before? Not sure if I wanna do it since system data can cause unknown problems.

i would be cautious with using this method when switching between roms. I did this and it messed up my first nexus where it couldnt use wallet anymore.

kmo

Reaction score
Well, technically mine is still working as of today, just used it no problems... so not sure how this is going to affect current subscribers of Wallet. Plus it sounds like a fix is in the works very soon...

thesoldier

Reaction score
well technically they are disabling it for existing users since for those like me who have been using it for a while and deposited funds, i had to reset wallet and now i cant add the prepaid card again

i would be cautious with using this method when switching between roms. I did this and it messed up my first nexus where it couldnt use wallet anymore.

Well in that case I'd rather just wait for a fix, its not that important. Thanks.

kmo

Reaction score
Personally I don't see a real risk here unless someone gets their hands on my phone....I've had credit/atm hacks before too, I take whatever precautions I can to prevent it but these days noting is truly safe with all the internet buying/atm's etc.

NyPlaya513

Reaction score
Personally I don't see a real risk here unless someone gets their hands on my phone....I've had credit/atm hacks before too, I take whatever precautions I can to prevent it but these days noting is truly safe with all the internet buying/atm's etc.
yea well as we all pretty much agree, those who HAD TO FREAK OUT caused this problem for a bunch of us all because they cannot be grownups and keep an eye on their damn devices