Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Some weirdo on the internet hooked me up with that case. As for this one, it's not nearly as slippery as that clear case from Spigen that I have collecting dust somewhere. I'd say it's kind of an in-between bare naked phone and the Verus or Suppcase (sp?). Provides substantially more grip than the bare aluminum, but not as much as the rubbery cases, which is to be expected. I'm assuming that the glossy finish (which wasn't available yet when I ordered, even though I knew I wanted matte) is probably more slippery than this one.

Feels safe. Different, but safe. Nice feel in the hand. Like I said, the case is very slim. Probably not the greatest bounce protection in the world, as it's kind of a hard plastic vs. the rubber/air of other cases. A nice middle-ground option though and having the button on the back is a nice addition as well. I've been periodically playing with toggling the flashlight with it. Figures I'd get this case with an option like that and then have no real need to use my flashlight on my phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some weirdo on the internet hooked me up with that case. As for this one, it's not nearly as slippery as that clear case from Spigen that I have collecting dust somewhere. I'd say it's kind of an in-between bare naked phone and the Verus or Suppcase (sp?). Provides substantially more grip than the bare aluminum, but not as much as the rubbery cases, which is to be expected. I'm assuming that the glossy finish (which wasn't available yet when I ordered, even though I knew I wanted matte) is probably more slippery than this one.

Feels safe. Different, but safe. Nice feel in the hand. Like I said, the case is very slim. Probably not the greatest bounce protection in the world, as it's kind of a hard plastic vs. the rubber/air of other cases. A nice middle-ground option though and having the button on the back is a nice addition as well. I've been periodically playing with toggling the flashlight with it. Figures I'd get this case with an option like that and then have no real need to use my flashlight on my phone.
You gotta watch out for those weirdos on the internet / tech forums.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, now that I've had my phone back for a while, I thought I'd report back.

I'm really digging the feel of the case. It's almost like having no case, but not near as slippery, though definitely not as grippy as a rubber case. I have the clear Spigen case & that one is more slippery than this case.

Of course, it's a thin case, so doesn't quite offer the drop protection of others, but that's actual part of why I really like it.

The button is pretty hard to activate. Not impossible with one hand, but difficult. Would be nice if you could activate it without having the screen on too. No worries about accidentally pushing it though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk