1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Contacts - Actual Phone Contacts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Lurpa, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

Here is my issue, when I got my phone, Verizon rep didnt import my phone contacts because google already had them. When I do a backup via verizon only 10 of my contacts get synced because there are only those that came with phone. Is there a way to transfer them from google to phone contacts?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

In Gmail make sure that you have these numbers set up as "My Contacts." It should just sync them over.
  3. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

Yes, when I go to gmail, my real phone contacts are listed there. No facebook, no verizon numbers expect what I had on old bb. When I go to contacts hit menu and then display group I have facebook, google and PHONE CONTACTS. In Phone contacts is where I have the preloaded phone numbers for verizon and these are the numbers that are getting synced when I use backup assistant. I would like all my contacts from google to be copied to this so I can use the backup assistant. Thanks for the help guys.
  4. Arcstriker

Arcstriker New Member

Phone book

Are you trying to backup your contacts?? If they are in Google, then they are already "backed up" in your Google Account. Just to save confusion I wouldn't even use the phone's contacts, the Google account is MUCH better considering if you damage your phone, loose it, or just plain out upgrade to another Android phone all you need to do is log in and there they are.
  5. j_acm

j_acm New Member

change them to My Contact in Gmail

I dont see the option to change them over to My Contacts in gmail. Sorry not too good at this. Im a newbie. I know i can switch them from Facebook contacts, twitter, and other accounts, but they dont show up on phone contacts on my phone.
  6. Arcstriker

Arcstriker New Member

phonebook

I guess I'm just having trouble with what your actually trying to do.

The Verizon Backup is strictly to back up contacts that are saved to the Phone Contacts (Which are stored on the phone itself, and ONLY on the phone).

Under Contacts > Menu > Display Group.

These are are your accounts.

Google (Which you said all your regular contacts are in) is the primary phone book for Android Phones, which are stored both on the phone as well as on the Google Server. Which means they are ALWAYS "backed up" because they are saved somewhere other than the phone.

Facebook Only imports your contacts from them incase you want to msg them

SO are you trying to 'move' your contacts that Verizon placed in the Phones Contacts?? or are you just trying to figure out why the Contact Backup didn't backup the rest of your contacts?

If you 'move' the google contacts from Google to the Phone, then they will no longer be backed up other than when u back them up with the right software. Also they will not be available online in your gmail account.

I hope this helps... if not try to explain more of what your actual goal is and I'll do my best :)
  7. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

Trying to figure out why the Contact Backup didn't backup the rest of my contacts is my goal. I understand that I have all of them via google and understand that while using a droid, it is better. What about when/IF I ever go to another phone that doesnt use google? That is why I want to back them up via verizon. And tha is a big IF. I would have to pull them from my old phone and add the ones manually that are new from now till the big if change to a non google phone. Hope I expained my intent a little better. I appreciate all of yalls help.
  8. Arcstriker

Arcstriker New Member

I see. now I understand. Well, there is always going online to gmail, under contacts then on the upper right hand side is an export button. Here you can pick and choose what to export to either Outlook, or another format, i mean big IF you ever left Android, what phone out there these days wouldn't let you import contacts from either Outlook, Google, or which ever...

But for the sake of ease. I actually stand corrected (I think), I just logged in to Verizon's Backup Assist, and slowly but surely some of my Google Contacts are showing up in there... Not sure, but I do know I never moved them from Google to my Phone's Contacts.
  9. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

Hmmm ok well I didnt know about the export option. I guess that will do. Thanks
  10. thruapole

thruapole New Member

There is no way to back the contacts up to the sd card?
  11. USCellular_No_More

USCellular_No_More New Member

I would like to change my transferred contacts to PHONE CONTACTS as well, for a different reason. I too have 10 in PHONE CONTACTS and the rest in ALL. When making a call, I want to be able to search only the contacts I have phone numbers for. I have several hundred Google contacts and I want to segregate those somehow.

Once again, can contacts be changed from ALL CONTACTS to PHONE CONTACTS?
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

There is no need to. Your contacts are backed up in gmail. It's a google phone.
Search tags for this page
droid razr m where are contacts stored

gmail stored phone numbers

google phone contacts online

how do i get the rest of my contacts to transfer to my new v
how do i know if my phone numbers are stored thru gmail
how do i pull up stored phone numbers on gmail

how to move google contacts to phone contacts android

my google contacts online

phone numbers stored on gmail

transfer contacts from verizon android phone to google conta
trying to move contacts from backup assistant to wris droid