Google Contact Groups

jsmith39

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I didn't find a related thread.

I just switched over from the iphone 3GS to the Droid X and by and large I'm loving it, but it is a complicated OS, I imagine I'll still be learning how to use the thing for some time.

Biggest question I have at the moment is does anyone know how to limit the synced contacts to a Google group instead of everyone saved in Google contacts? The properties of contacts only lets me choose Google Contacts, or turn off Google contacts, I can't find a way to drill down to groups.

unrelated question... how do I un-install the bloatware products that shipped with the phone (city ID for example)?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I didn't find a related thread.

I just switched over from the iphone 3GS to the Droid X and by and large I'm loving it, but it is a complicated OS, I imagine I'll still be learning how to use the thing for some time.

Biggest question I have at the moment is does anyone know how to limit the synced contacts to a Google group instead of everyone saved in Google contacts? The properties of contacts only lets me choose Google Contacts, or turn off Google contacts, I can't find a way to drill down to groups.

unrelated question... how do I un-install the bloatware products that shipped with the phone (city ID for example)?

Go to your gmail account on line and take a look at your contactcs. Put only the people you want in "My Contacts" and they will appear on your phone, the others won't.

You can also set it up so that only contacts with phone numbers appear on the phone. That's done in settings but I'm not exactly sure how it works with the X. With the Droid it's in you contacts/menu button/display options. Look for something similar on the X.

OP
J

jsmith39

Reaction score
That works great, thank you. Still haven't figured out how to filter out non-phone number contacts, but excellent start.

Thanks again.