Google Chrome V/S Mozilla Firefox

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally installed Google Chrome so I could make use of the Chrome to Phone feature on 2.2 which has came in handy already. I played with G/C a little bit and it is kind of like theming a Droid with all of the different add-ons and themes you can run on different sites. At work we have access to Firefox, which I never paid any attention too, but this morning I opened it and started theming my home page and add-ons.

I know there are differences and similarities between the two, so my question is which one do you use and why, or do you not use either one, and why not

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used to be a big FireFox guy and at the time being that I was in college with a bunch of other computer dorks, we all agreed that FireFox is the bomb. I loved it because of the user interface setup and all of the great add-ons you can get.

I then however installed Google Chrome when it first came out. It was nice but I didn't know my way around it and there didn't seem to be many add-ons. I now however don't even have FireFox installed on my PC, only Chrome.

I like Chrome because it is simple, the user interface is very easy to understand and navigate, and most of all it is the fastest and least memory intensive browser I have ever seen. Also, google now has nice art 'themes' and a bunch of good add-ons (one being chrome to phone that I use for maps and stuff I want to bookmark on my Droid quickly). I don't see going back to FireFox only because I am so content at Chrome's speed. That and I am a total Google fan (except for that google wave idea! haha...)

Reaction score
I still use Firefox only because I haven't got around to installing Google Chrome.

How would I transfer my bookmarks to Google Chrome from Firefox?

Edit: Figured it out. I'll try Chrome tonight.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I still use Firefox only because I haven't got around to installing Google Chrome.

I may be wrong, but I thought that Chrome transfered your bookmarks on its first run. However if not, you install Chrome, click on the TOOL icon and click "Bookmark Manager" - Then you can click "organize" and "import bookmarks" where you then grab the exported firefox bookmarks file. Typical.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Firefox.

Add-ons are far better because of the underlying API's in Firefox. NoScript could NEVER be fully ported to Chrome because of that reason.

Current Chrome add-ons like Adblockers or Flash blockers are mere shells of their counter-parts on Firefox as well because of the API's. For instance most ad blockers don't really block anything. They just hide the ads from your view. This leaves you open to drive by infections and XSS exploits from poisoned ads.

Plus I hate the Chrome EULA.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I used firefox for the last few years or so and like you tried out chrome only to capitalize on owning a google phone, i.e. chrome to phone.

I really liked firefox but I never really used any of the many add-ons that was offered for it. What I like about chrome is the UI, with the tabs at the top of the screen, the bookmark bar closest to my web page. I also love the functionality of the bookmark bar/folders and how chrome minimizes the amount of screen real estate that all of the tools occupy, putting most configuration options in two small drop down icons next to the address bar. I also love that all I have to do is login to my google account to access my own personal chrome UI complete with bookmarks from anybody's computer (that has chrome installed)

Mainly I just love how seamless google is making their entire user experience, and I have a feeling that it is only going to get better. If you own a google phone I highly recommend using chrome it just makes for a great overall experience in which everything just works well together: my phone, my email, my work pc and my home pc.

I also know that firefox is capable of most of the things I said I like about chrome, it just sets up and works a lot easier in chrome

kpiskin

Reaction score
Chrome....Firefox is not what it once was. It is still my second choice though. I only use IE at work because that's all they allow. I also have to use safari or firefox on my iMac because Google won't develop a power pc version.

If you can't use chrome to phone, linkpush works pretty good through firefox and doesn't require 2.2.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
At home, when/if I use the PC (I'm a tech support guy so I don't play with my home PC much anymore...LOL) I've primarily used Firefox. Only recently did I install Chrome again...I did use it for a little bit when it first came out, but uninstalled it after a few days.

At work we have to use IE and Firefox (IE for most web apps, Firefox for our email client). I recently installed Firefox 4 beta on my work system and that's been running decent.

Now that I've got a Droid I'll probably make the jump more exclusively to Chrome. Seems I'm becoming more and more of a Google advocate. Heh.

Reaction score

I may be wrong, but I thought that Chrome transfered your bookmarks on its first run. However if not, you install Chrome, click on the TOOL icon and click "Bookmark Manager" - Then you can click "organize" and "import bookmarks" where you then grab the exported firefox bookmarks file. Typical.
I'll be checking it out tonight.

If It doesn't and anyone wants to know how, I found a step by step process for transferring bookmarks to Chrome --> Import bookmarks, passwords, data into Chrome from IE and Firefox | Browsers

Briankbl

Reaction score
I was also a big Firefox user for years. But I am honest and call things the way I see them, and Chrome is just plain faster and easier to use. The only thing I ever use Firefox for anymore is for GameFAQs and the security featues. (I know there is a Gamefox clone for Chrome, but it is much more limited.)

billjohnson

Reaction score
Chrome

I'm a Senior IT Tech at work so I can use whatever I wish but I regularly move from Chrome to Firefox and Occasionally Opera when the work out any issues I find in a current release. Personally I'm a Chrome guy and have had my entire family using it ever since its release. Right now I'm testing Firefox 4 Beta because they are finally using proper skins and hiding the menu bar and so on. That's just my opinion of course.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found the transition from Windows to Chrome seamless it imported all of my windows bookmarks and basically set itself up. I do use igoogle and almost everything else Google and I am thoroughly impressed with the UI of Chrome. Firefox seems a bit more "Fluff" and a completely different world when coming from windows,

valetudo025

Reaction score
just like everyone else, use to use firefox until i installed chrome about a year and a half ago...maybe two years ago? and will never go back. super light and fast!

naman919

Reaction score
I like Chrome because it is simple, the user interface is very easy to understand and navigate, and most of all it is the fastest and least memory intensive browser I have ever seen. Also, google now has nice art 'themes' and a bunch of good add-ons (one being chrome to phone that I use for maps and stuff I want to bookmark on my Droid quickly). I don't see going back to FireFox only because I am so content at Chrome's speed. That and I am a total Google fan (except for that google wave idea! haha...)

dito.

Also, everyone is missing a HUGE feature Chrome has over every browser out right now! When one tab crashes, the rest don't! You don't lose every tab in the window when one goes down. Just reload that tab and you're back to where you were. I love it!