Google chrome keeps freezing my phone

KurianOfBorg

Reaction score
Chrome is such a substandard piece of garbage on Android and on the PC. It causes the entire OS to crash when a website in a tab stops responding. Can you imagine your entire computer BSODing when you open a tab? Can you imagine the iPhone crashing when you visit a website in Safari? It's ridiculous. Uninstall it permanently and use Opera.

The stability of my phone increased by infinity after uninstalling Chrome. i.e. It never crashed again.

Secret: The entire Android OS is of the same quality as Chrome. It's just barely running... A device with 20 times the power can barely run a browser as smoothly as the 3GS. It's just pathetic.

Last edited:

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I thought I was over with this freezing problems with the RAZR. Now I upgraded to a "better" phone and it keeps freezing. I have to press the Power and volume down buttons to restart it. It usually happens when I'm in the browser and then go to another app and then come back to chrome.

Dude. This phone NEVER freezes. Never.

KurianOfBorg

Reaction score
It's been a couple of days since I uninstalled Chrome and I'm pretty sure my phone has stopped crashing completely. It's more than placebo.

rcglider

Reaction score
In my experience, users install multiple apps, then have background apps running constantly, app conflicts, memory bottlenecks, cache bloated, up etc. etc. etc. and when the phone freezes they wonder why. I don't like Chrome either, but my phone has never locked up because of it.

As for Iphones......hey, they're great for those that need to have it locked down to prevent the user from breaking them. Kind of like the new Mac Pro; looks like a Japanese garbage can, but hey...they're so 2008. Sorry for the Apple slam, but after comparing my core i7 HP laptop to an equivalently priced Mac Book Pro, I'll stick with Windows. Maybe if I were a PhD, an Apple would be necessary (that was meant as an insult).

Last edited:

KurianOfBorg

Reaction score
Sorry for the Apple slam, but after comparing my core i7 HP laptop to an equivalently priced Mac Book Pro, I'll stick with Windows. Maybe if I were a PhD, an Apple would be necessary (that was meant as an insult).

The new MacBook Pro is actually the cheapest laptop with those specs (Haswell, 802.11AC, real 7 hours battery life, high-DPI screen). In fact there is no laptop with superior hardware which is pretty shocking. The only component which you can get a better one of in another laptop is the GPU, while everything else will still be inferior (display, battery life, keyboard, build quality).

Last edited:

lloydsw

Reaction score
Interesting. I've never had a problem with Chrome. I even switched my desktop browser to Chrome. I like the way it syncs bookmarks/history across platforms.

rcglider

Reaction score
The new MacBook Pro is actually the cheapest laptop with those specs (Haswell, 802.11AC, real 7 hours battery life, high-DPI screen). In fact there is no laptop with superior hardware which is pretty shocking. The only component which you can get a better one of in another laptop is the GPU, while everything else will still be inferior (display, battery life, keyboard, build quality).

Cheapest? Oh my...... Apples are nearly 2x the price! And they don't offer a 17" screen. The Retina screen is nice, but to say they are the cheapest? Seriously.

MacBook Pro - Buy MacBook Pro with Retina display - Apple Store (U.S.)

Laptops & hybrids | HP® Official Store

If graphic design is your niche, Macs are great. Other than that, I don't see one single advantage to them.

KurianOfBorg

Reaction score
Cheapest? Oh my...... Apples are nearly 2x the price! And they don't offer a 17" screen. The Retina screen is nice, but to say they are the cheapest? Seriously.

Look for the specs I mentioned in my previous post (Haswell, 802.1AC). *As of now* Apple provides those the cheapest. Battery life will always be a joke on non-Apple laptops. You actually get 7 hours. Everything else barely lasts 2-3 hours in real world usage.