Google Camera with HDR+ Has Been Ported To Many More Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-camera-updated-to-v3-1-brings-new-ui-for-those-on-marshmallow-e1447870427428-810x298_c-png.77816

A few weeks back the Stock Google Camera was ported to devices with a Snapdragon 835 processor. The ported app was also working with Snapdragon 820 and 821 devices. This brings HDR+ to these devices which drastically improved dynamic range on photos taken with my Galaxy S8. This meant there was more detail in the shadowy areas. Some low light situations turned out better with Google's camera as well.

The ported camera is now compatible with many more devices including those devices with Snapdragon 4xx or 6xx processors. Some are reporting that it works with some Xiaomi devices including the Redmi Note 3, and Redmi Note 4. The latest version also includes lots of bug fixes and a zero shutter lag fix. You can grab the updated camera from the link below.

via XDA

Attachments

• Google-Camera-Updated-to-v3.1-Brings-New-UI-For-Those-on-Marshmallow-e1447870427428-810x298_c.png
    Google-Camera-Updated-to-v3.1-Brings-New-UI-For-Those-on-Marshmallow-e1447870427428-810x298_c.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 3,612

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I can't tell which is better. There's a difference though.
d583c59e7c1f61736026fc7fbcd0c5da.jpg
16a4063c3ca30a3e83c65ca23952e487.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can tell is that you need to clean your mouse! :eek:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LMAO. It really doesn't look that gadawful when you aren't 2 inches from it. LOL
/Order some canned air....

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Yeah it looks like I can see a few more specks of mouse dust on the top one. LOL

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Top image is better, bottom one is more washed out colors. Look on the bottom of the mouse pad where green and white lines curve.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Top Image: Google Camera
Bottom Image: Moto Camera
I can do a couple more if anyone wants?

SilentSparrow

Reaction score
"A few weeks back the Stock Google Camera was ported to devices with a Snapdragon 835 processor. The ported app was also working with Snapdragon 820 and 821 devices. This brings HDR+ to these devices which drastically improved dynamic range on photos taken with my Galaxy S8. This meant there was more detail in the shadowy areas. Some low light situations turned out better with Google's camera as well.

The ported camera is now compatible with many more devices including those devices with Snapdragon 4xx or 6xx processors. Some are reporting that it works with some Xiaomi devices including the Redmi Note 3, and Redmi Note 4. The latest version also includes lots of bug fixes and a zero shutter lag fix."

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were explaining, but are you talking about an app that improves camera quality?

How could a computer's software make the hardware better? Isn't this impossible?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
"A few weeks back the Stock Google Camera was ported to devices with a Snapdragon 835 processor. The ported app was also working with Snapdragon 820 and 821 devices. This brings HDR+ to these devices which drastically improved dynamic range on photos taken with my Galaxy S8. This meant there was more detail in the shadowy areas. Some low light situations turned out better with Google's camera as well.

The ported camera is now compatible with many more devices including those devices with Snapdragon 4xx or 6xx processors. Some are reporting that it works with some Xiaomi devices including the Redmi Note 3, and Redmi Note 4. The latest version also includes lots of bug fixes and a zero shutter lag fix."

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were explaining, but are you talking about an app that improves camera quality?

How could a computer's software make the hardware better? Isn't this impossible?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You're right the hardware is pretty much the hardware. But software controlling the image processing after the sensors have done their job can be tweaked and improved in how regards to how it interprets the data collected.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd love to switch to Google camera app if only I could make it launch with wrist twist of moto actions.