1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Calendar Sync???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tfkennady, Jun 12, 2010.

1. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

One of the most annoying things about the stock Google calendar is the widget. If you do not have an upcoming event, it will not show the actual date on the widget. You'll get something along the lines of "No upcoming events" displayed where the date should be.

Since I'm a huge sports fan I worked around the problem by adding all my favorite teams schedule's to my calendar. There's a nice app out there called "Sports Trek" and it will allow you to search through your team's schedule and add it to the calendar on the phone. However there is no sync with your calendar (on the phone) and your Google account's calendar, this is not the problem...

From the calendar in your Google account you can add different types of calendars (i.e. moon phase, sports teams, holidays etc.). However according to some information in the account info section not all calendars are able to be synced with your phone's calendar and is reserved for future use. This includes the team schedules (more on this later).

When flashing a new rom on your phone you should wipe your data and cache, and since you do this you will lose all the info you added to your calendar prior to flashing it (obviously).

I've flashed my phone with a bunch of different roms and had various outcomes as far as my calendar is concerned;

1. I've had my calendar (on my phone) not lose any information I've added prior to flashing a new rom. This included manual inputs as well as what I added from the app Sports Trek I mentioned earlier.

1a. I've had my calendar (on my phone) lose information I've added prior to flashing a new rom.

2. I've had calendars from my Google Account (the team schedule's) mysteriously sync with my calendar on my phone, even though (supposedly) they're not able to.

2a. I have not be able to get (the mysterious) Google Account calendars to re-sync with my phone after a new rom flash.

3. Sports Trek has added my prior information automatically.

3a. Sports Trek has been unable to add the prior information at all.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so where you able to resolve it and how? I've attempted to manually re-sync with no luck. Any info is appreciated.

Sorry for the length of the post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.
Search tags for this page

info yscn com cn

info yscn.com.cn