1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Calendar sync

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Brianmac, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Brianmac

Brianmac New Member

I'm Just wondering if Google Calendar sync works with Windows7 64 bit?

I tried getting it to work, but I don't know if I'm having a user or compatibility issues.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
  2. bachjp43

bachjp43 New Member

It does work. I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 running and used this link to set it up to sync every 30 minutes, and it works great. Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
  3. qoncept

qoncept New Member

What kind of problems are you having?
  4. 640k

640k New Member

working here. you might have overloaded your connection.

go here:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs

and read the most recent log file and search for the word "SEVERE". if you find entries with that word, those are the error messages Calendar Sync logs in the event of a problem.

the most common issue is that you've exceeded your quota for the day. if you have a couple years worth of data, you'll be on "lockdown" for 24h. after the initial 24h, calendar syn will try again and again until all items have been synced.

the best way to avoid this is to export your entire calendar (without attachments) to an .ical file and import it into google. calendar sync will be able to resume functionality without a hitch.

if you have the quota issues, you can blow away your online calendar and start from scratch wtih the methods i listed above.
  5. Brianmac

Brianmac New Member

Thanks,

I was trying to have Google Calendar push down to Outlook 2007 on my home machine. It didn't appear to work. I guess I will have to try again
  6. 640k

640k New Member

you have to choose a method of communication wtih google calendar sync (the desktop install). it's not a push, it's a pull.

one way to google
    one way to outlook
    2 way to both.
Search tags for this page

motorola blur calendar

on my droid it says quota exceeded

where is google calendar sync log in windows 7