Google Calendar Sync stopped working

oldphart

Reaction score
Using Droid X w/2.3.3 Google Calendar Sync has spontaneously stopped working.

Non-syncing "phone calendar" is disabled. Only Google Account is enabled. Have checked Calendar settings in Calendar App as well as Power settings that control data synchronization. All are correctly set. Removed battery. Items in the Google calendar that were missing on the phone appeared, but new items and changes made on the phone were not reflected in the Google calendar. Syncing continues to be unreliable.

Calendar storage process, which always appeared among running applications on 2.2 now does not show under running applications or running processes. Is this process running? If not, should it be? Have not yet tried clearing data from calendar storage process. Have not done factory reset. Both of these solutions are time-consuming.

Any further suggestions?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The "storage" processes don't seem to run anymore in 2.3.3

1) remove all tasks from autokill lists. do not kill tasks
2) make sure all sync settings are on: "background" data, account > calendar, power saver mode > performance, and also don't forget to check the hidden sync setting on the power control widget as described here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...endar-help-family-calendar-2.html#post1813117
3) clearing calendar and calendar storage data/cache aren't too big a deal. At worst you'll have to reset some preferences in the Calendar app

Did any of that work?

OP
O

oldphart

Reaction score
Yes. My client reported that clearing the storage process' data seems to have fixed the problem. I reported the problem because I was unsatisfied with the nature of the responses I had seen in various lists. I tried clearing the storage process' data on my correctly functioning calendar and noticed that it took about 30 minutes for the calendar to fully restore. I did not want my client to lose use of his calendar for that long during his workday.