Google Calendar for work is about to get smarter

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google-Headquarters-in-Zurich.jpg

The Calendar app, for Google enterprise, will be getting an update that will enable the app to read your Gmail to detect flight info, hotel reservations, and appointments to add that information to your Calendar. Google already uses this technology to update your Google Now and Google Calendar with movie tickets, reservations, deliveries, and more so it will not be a stretch to add that information to a company's itinerary.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/25/9207793/google-apps-calendar-auto-import-events-from-gmail

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
My google calendar already does this. If I reserve a hotel room, it automatically pops up on my calendar. Is this just an expansion of existing service?

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
My google calendar already does this. If I reserve a hotel room, it automatically pops up on my calendar. Is this just an expansion of existing service?

”This feature has already been available to the average Google account holder since earlier this year, but Google Apps users — who are using a Google account for work — typically have to wait a bit longer for new features. Google says the feature should roll out over the coming week to everyone with a Google Apps account, except for those in government.”

So it's being extended to Google for Business users.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh for business. My google already does this.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh for business. My google already does this.
I need to correct the op, thought I had "for businesses" in there. Thanks I'll make the correction.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't catch the "business" part initially and, furthermore, did not realize the actual apps were different for business accounts.