1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Automatic Apps Sync

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by GaMeBoY439, Jul 8, 2010.

1. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 New Member

Hey Guys,

Do you know how to prevent apps from being automatically backed up and restored by Google? I noticed that ChevyNo1's ROMs come with bkapps and rstapps, so that tells me for some reason you guys dont have your apps automatically sync'd up? I have a ton of apps and I want to start fresh upon a new install, and it is really annoying/slows my phone down/takes a long time when I do a fresh install and Google automatically syncs all my apps back. I do want contacts and e-mail to still be sync'd so I don't want to turn off sync altogether. Any one know how to have this not happen?

Thanks for the help! :)
  2. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Not intentionally, no. Somehow I had gotten my app list shortened to like 2-3 apps when I was running 2.1 based ROMS, but since the move to FroYo, I get them all again.
  3. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

I can't make any promises but what I've done after a flash is disable the sync feature. Then proceed with using a backup/restore utility that some of the ROMs have these days. Once I get done with the restore then turn sync back on and all should be good to go.

I've also noticed in flashing if upon your first boot and yo uhave access to Wifi turn it on right away. It sync much quicker.
  4. stewp97

stewp97 New Member

On the last update I just skipped the Google sign in process when the phone first boots and used RSTAPPS.

peter
  5. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

ditto...works everytime!
  6. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 New Member

So you guys don't use your Google accounts with your Droids at all then? And just manually backup all contacts, calendar, gmail, etc.?
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Speaking for myself no. I just skip the sign in/sync after a flash. Then use one of the utilities depending on the ROM to restore my stuff. After which time I then turn Google sync on so the contacts, calendar...etc stay synced moving forward.
  8. stewp97

stewp97 New Member

I think rstapps restored my google account settings but I can't remember for sure. If not, I just signed back in and let it do its thing.
  9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yes, rstapps restores all of your accounts - Google/Facebook/Twitter/Corp/etc

So - if you follow the advice of the others in this thread -SKIP the Google sign in - run rstapps as soon as the phone boots up - reboot after that - everything but your desktop widgets should be there
  10. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

What everyone else has said is the correct way to go when using Chevy's scripts to backup/restore. But another way to prevent the restore is to hit the menu button at the Google login screen and select the button on the right. This turns the restore off and on.
  11. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 New Member

nice, tips guys, thanks!! yeah I did the google sign-in skip, then signed in later and it didn't bring my apps back, worked perfectly!! and thanks RichStevenson, didn't know about that menu option.
Search tags for this page

google apps automatically sync, how to stop it

how do i stop automatic restore of google apps from my googl

should i disable google & auto backup app