Google Assistant Making It's Way To More Nougat and Marshmallow Devices!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone else having an issue where if you're on your home screen and you press the home screen button it opens. GA and then. If you press your home key again it goes home and instantly OPENS GA again, it's an endless cycle until you press the back button and it seems like a bug that shouldn't have been overlooked.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I can't replicate that issue on my 6p.

JDH

Reaction score
I now have assistant on my droid Turbo 6.0.1, works fine holding the home button to activate but when I try to train voice I get the message that it cant use microphone. I have been using voice activation for moto since begining and it has no trouble accessing the mic. what is the answer?

OK, I restarted phone and went to MOTO, turned off voice control and then went back to assistant and trained voice no problem. It appears that only one program is entitled to MIC at a time. so you must choose between Moto and G assistant.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I now have assistant on my droid Turbo 6.0.1, works fine holding the home button to activate but when I try to train voice I get the message that it cant use microphone. I have been using voice activation for moto since begining and it has no trouble accessing the mic. what is the answer?
Permission setting for the Google app, maybe? Moto's are a bit weird since they tend to use their own voice activation, but still access Google.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

OK, I restarted phone and went to MOTO, turned off voice control and then went back to assistant and trained voice no problem. It appears that only one program is entitled to MIC at a time. so you must choose between Moto and G assistant.
Correct. Google Home is the same way. If the Moto app is setup to use Moto Voice then Assistant will be denied access to the mic for voice commands. Right now it's either one or the other. It's a personal choice but I prefer Moto Voice and the handoff to Google Now over the new Assistant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk