Google Apps Users Buying MarketPlace Apps

OP
Gunghoray

Gunghoray

Reaction score
WOW you opened up a can of worms with THAT Question. BookDroid is an app with SUPERB potential that needs work on bugs and features.

Bookdroid plays MP3 and MP4 book files (I converted from Audible.com .aa files using MACSOME for my Mac Air).

Yes, it keeps your place, has bookmarks, and is a great app. HOWEVER, it has a few bugs. Version 1.1 is coming out soon. Some of the Droid Bugs are really deal-breakers, like the book doesn't stop playing when you answer the phone. BAD MISTAKE...

But, the developers in Finland are super-responsive and on top of the update. I wrote today asking for the release date of version 1.1. It's a paid app, but only a few bucks.

I have more than 200 books on Audible.com format. I listen to "Inspired By" OT and NT. There are more than 400 "actors" who read the NIV text with music, sound effects, and drama. It's WAY COOL. I started in Genesis in September and am in 2 Corinthians now. Reading the Bible in 90 days and I have a 1 hour commute every day. The recording is 87 hours.

Shalom Aleichem (Hebrew for Peace to You and Your Family)

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

msu

Reaction score
Ok, I stumbled upon this problem this morning and been fighting it ever since. I have always been able to purchase from the market, but now I can not and getting the endless loop. I was pointed to this thread through the market forums.

I just don't understand why it does not work now. Keeps saying my CC is not valid, yet it is and I log into my google account and everything is correct. Could it have been the new update? I really don't want to create another google account.

grizzlylabs

Reaction score
I'll try

I'm not sure why your account isn't working. I'll try to help.

1, do you use a gmail account or a "Google for my domain" account? Apparently, Market only works with gmail accounts.

2. Go to (with a desktop machine) http://checkout.google.com and logon.

3. If everything is OK then goto the payment part. Google doesn't display your credit card stuff so you have to add it again.

Your name, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date and CCV number is Very Important... get it ALL right. Mastercard and Visa have a 3 digit CCV on the back. AmEx has a 4 digit on the front.

4. Try buying something in Market.

5. If that does not work then you have 1 of two possible problems. It is either Google checkout or something on your phone.

6. If you can buy something from your desktop using google checkout then the problem is on your phone and visa versa.

(I bought a snazy belt holster on-line with a tough belt clip for my phone) the merchant used Google checkout.

Good luck

msu

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. After posting this, I decided to add another card in google. Went back in and it came up asking which one I wanted to use and also said that discover was not accpeted for this purchase. So that would explain the whole thing. To bad when it was happening the first time and sending me in a loop it wouldn't simply say that it did not accept the card that was on file instead of asking for a new account. Basically it was confusing.

Oh well, it is up and going now.
Thanks again.

Redmars

Reaction score
Market should allow Google Apps users to purchase

The is a great thread it lead me to search for other things.

Found in the Android Project page this:

Market should allow Google Apps users to purchase
Issue 2332 - android - Market should allow Google Apps users to purchase - Project Hosting on Google Code

As posting now only 84 people have posted that is a problem for them.
One person posted his reply from Google support:
Thank you for your message.

You're right; Google Apps accounts currently don't work with the Android Market.
You'll need to use different non-Apps Google Account (such as your personal Gmail
account) to purchase apps in the Market.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're working on fixing this.

Sincerely,

Tim
Enterprise Support

When your logged in to your Google account you can star the issue, you will get responses when other people post and maybe even a developer when they fix this issue.

-RM

Edit: Also check issue: Market: Conflict Google and Google Apps accounts

Last edited:

dheeraj4uuu

Reaction score
Google Apps is free for only limited no.of users i.e about 2000 users...If you want more then go for a premium edition.

Redmars

Reaction score
Google Apps is free for only limited no.of users i.e about 2000 users...If you want more then go for a premium edition.

I think you posted to the wrong thread, said nothing about how many users we needed. We are not talking about how many users can be in the account. We just want features that the free accounts have with the apps store. I only have three people needing accounts from my domain.