Google ALLO Not Very Secure When Using The Built In Assistant

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google's new ALLO messenger claims to be very secure. It utilizes end-to-end encryption in the Incognito mode. Any messages transmitted in the Incognito mode will not be stored. Any messages not using the Incognito mode will be stored by Google to help with Google Assistant. Storing messages will help Google Assistant become more intelligent by using people's conversations to learn conversational language.

If privacy is your main concern you may want to find a different messaging app. If you are using the Incognito mode you won't be able to use the built in Google Assistant. Google Assistant is really what makes ALLO worth using. It can listen for key words in conversation and recommend places of business in response. Apparently there is an option to delete stored messages within the app if you wish to use Google Assistant and remain private. I am personally not worried about the "privacy concerns".

via Verge

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed how Google will put out a product that is almost perfect, but then just doesn't get to the finish line?

Why create something that is going to make the masses scream "Why" instead of "Hell Yeah"?
Why create a chat app when we really need a great SMS app, that is an upgrade from the previous messaging app created by Google, akin to Google Messeger 2.0?

[edit: Google doesn't make a "Messager"...yet]

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
ugh... google... google... google... why..

Such a great idea, but I don't want a chat app... I want a messaging app like Textra of Handcent or messages.

jiFfM.jpg

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Google is always talking about how their ultimate goal for search and information is an LCARS style always listening "assistant" that can converse like a person. Maybe they tied this assistant in to Allo to learn how people speak to one another to ultimately be that assistant.

That's the only thing I can come up with.

Other than that, this is an unnecessary and terribly executed idea. It's like they added a "10" button to a phone dial pad.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Don't forget, Google always... and I mean always releases things that aren't fully fleshed out. Early gmail, hangouts, google+, so on and so forth. They've always released a working app then improved it using use feedback.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not sure why people are upset about this... Do we seriously need yet ANOTHER chat/text/facetime type app? ...uhhh yeah, not so much.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not sure why people are upset about this... Do we seriously need yet ANOTHER chat/text/facetime type app? ...uhhh yeah, not so much.

S5 tap'n
Yea we do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

OK first off: who's upset? I don't see anyone yelling. I don't even say any exclamation marks?!? We're just discussing here. Kind of the point of what we do. People are passionate around here. That's a good thing. :D

Secondly, in general, just because Google releases something... doesn't mean we have to like it. I'm a pretty big fan of Google but... really DroidPrincess? Google releases Allo and it's BREAKING NEWS? Come on now. Tone it down there, please. :p

Third:
Don't forget, Google always... and I mean always releases things that aren't fully fleshed out. Early gmail, hangouts, google+, so on and so forth. They've always released a working app then improved it using use feedback.
... yea and let's not forget: Google Wave, Dodgeball...which became Latitude, which is also gone now, Google Buzz and the list goes on. Google isn't infallible. I know no one said they are, but to reiterate: we don't have to like everything. Don't be that person that thinks Google can do no wrong and gleefully suck up every product they release. This from a pretty huge Google fan.

Lastly... do we really need chat bots? Just because Facebook and Amazon, Google and Microsoft think these things are going to be life changing for us... are we just going to come to the feast like zombies? YES WE NEED CHATBOTS! Because Googling a restaurant and having to paste it into a conversation is SOOOO 2015!!! That is barbaric! I WILL NOT LIVE LIKE THAT! :p :p

If Google put the resources into curing cancer that it puts into knowing everything it can about me and the best ways to advertise to me.... imagine,....

Yours;

Cranky McCrankypants

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lastly, finally x2.

Do people actually like these stickers? I can't stand them....
Clipboard01.jpg