Breaking News Google Allo is live!!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hangouts-. Hangouts can do more currently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why can't you use Hangouts with SMS?
OK, so you may be right about being able to use Hangouts, but Hangouts has one feature that it lacks and that's being able to search through my texts for information.

That was another reason I keep them separate. If I could search natively within the app, instead of logging into Gmail on a desktop to search for a text message, Hangouts would be the only messaging app I would use.

Plus, I like it that I can use two numbers to text and call, Google Voice, and Cellular.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I do care about Privacy which is why I use Signal for SMS with those in my inner circel.
I've always hated Hangouts for SMS and simply do not get why people DO like it. I don't want Gmail indexing my texts.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
0f598761a6eaef61572fc7dcb64f90e2.jpg

Good morning!!! Google Allo is available for download!! I've been pretty excited about trying this! Are you guys going to try it?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
What does it do?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's a chat app.

Sent from my Moto Z
Oh OK... I've been using messenger and Gmail... Who needs another one?. I liked hangouts but my family stopped using it so I did too... Thanks for the info though... Second thought, maybe I'll give it a try... Can always uninstall...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk