Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Has anyone else noticed that the option to skip ads after a few seconds on YouTube is gone? Now I have to watch the full 30 second ad or whatever it is.

I am FULLY willing to pay a "fair" "respectable" amount each year or month to eliminate ads in Google apps. Not sure what I feel that amount is but I know that by me paying $5 or $6 a month has to be more than they get to push ads on me so I think it would be in their best interest. ..

What about you guys? Would you pay a small amount? How much do you feel comfortable with?

Note 4tified

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I actually thought they would be rolling out a 'monthly' subscriber program similar to Music Key service. I don't really care that much for ads even if they are over 30 seconds, but if it is constant or causes the site to crash, that's when I have an issue with it. When I was on Hulu, the ads would cause the video to crash and then I'd have to watch the ads again. That was really annoying and made me stop using the service altogether.

YouTube 'Red' Might Be The New Name For Music Key

Last edited:
OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I actually thought they would be rolling out a 'monthly' subscriber program similar to Music Key service. I don't really care that much for ads even if they are over 30 seconds, but if it is constant or causes the site to crash, that's when I have an issue with it. When I was on Hulu, the ads would case the video to crash and then I'd have to watch the ads again. That was really annoying and made me stop using the service altogether.

YouTube 'Red' Might Be The New Name For Music Key
I don't mind an ad here or there but the ones in my inbox and now youtube I feel are getting a little much. I have plenty of music in both subscription for and personal library for but I really enjoy watching informative reviews and walk through on YouTube but having to wait for an ad to play first is getting a little annoying.

I understand they need to make money which is why I'm not saying they need to pull all ads but instead offer us an option to eliminate them.

Note 4tified

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I don't mind an ad here or there but the ones in my inbox and now youtube I feel are getting a little much. I have plenty of music in both subscription for and personal library for but I really enjoy watching informative reviews and walk through on YouTube but having to wait for an ad to play first is getting a little annoying.

I understand they need to make money which is why I'm not saying they need to pull all ads but instead offer us an option to eliminate them.

Note 4tified
That's true. An option would be good for everyone. Gmail is kind of weird...what would do for that? I think it would be a neat idea to offer an account-wide subscription that would remove all ads. Of course, being an engineer, I understand how difficult that might be to keep track of.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
That's true. An option would be good for everyone. Gmail is kind of weird...what would do for that? I think it would be a neat idea to offer an account-wide subscription that would remove all ads. Of course, being an engineer, I understand how difficult that might be to keep track of.
That's exactly what I was thinking as far as account wide ad removal.... I would hope that since other companies out there offer similar options that Google could figure it out LOL.

Note 4tified