Goodies (lwps, fonts, extra apps, boot animations, etc.)

Schimm

Reaction score
why cant I get any boot animation to work? I download it, rename it bootanimation.zip, place on root and run the switch boot script and its blank. any ideas why?

I have the same issue. I DL'd and installed it via Rom Manager and it created the directory, not a zip file, in the root. But I get some error in terminal emulator about the zip file needing to be in the root. I'm not sure that Rom Manager installed this properly.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
why cant I get any boot animation to work? I download it, rename it bootanimation.zip, place on root and run the switch boot script and its blank. any ideas why?

I have the same issue. I DL'd and installed it via Rom Manager and it created the directory, not a zip file, in the root. But I get some error in terminal emulator about the zip file needing to be in the root. I'm not sure that Rom Manager installed this properly.

these are update.zips

Jayfunk13

Reaction score
total newb here, I just installed Kangerade and I love it! i would like to try the other boot animations like matrix, i just downloaded to my desktop. Now what?

Schimm

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I DL'd and installed it via Rom Manager and it created the directory, not a zip file, in the root. But I get some error in term

these are update.zips

As someone who rooted for the first time a few days ago I'm afraid I don't understand. Quick install tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

superglen99

Reaction score
Jrummy will these boot animations not work when named bootanimation.zip via your kangerade app? Then whats the point of switchboot script?

zandroidong

Reaction score
Do these LWPs and boot animations work on 2.2 froyo? I've tried it and keep getting FCs.

eazy1

Reaction score
I'm getting a problem... installing via Rom Manager... coming from BB 1

Everything installs fine, boots up, and shows the lock screen with my custom background.... as soon as I unlock it, it goes to the desktop, and it's black.... no icons, no app menu on the bottom, but the top status/pulldown menu is there and working. The back button, the home button and the search button does not work. Any ideas what's going on here? (i've tried twice, same thing both times)

*edit* after a little google goodness, it seems a data/cache wipe is needed.... is this correct?

astrodroids

Reaction score
You go in to the

goodies/bootanimations/{whichever one you wand to try}/bootanimation.zip

and copy it to the main goodies folder

goodies/bootanimation.zip

Then run the script :)

I suggest NOT having a Live Wallpaper installed when you reboot.

astrodroids

Reaction score
Also my Custom Folders empty except the first one I put in it.

Anyone else use custom folders on the main screen? Having the same problem?

I'm running Kangerade 1.1 stock with the term su and 3g fix.

No OC or custom kernels or baseband updates.

crwys

Reaction score
Hey sorry, i know this thread is really old but I really like these live wallpapers. I have tried installing them via recovery clockworkmod (D2 bootstrap) it says it is successful but they don't show up as a choice when I go to choose my Live wallpapers.

Droid X
Rooted Gingerbread
Im not on any custom ROM's (I tried installing Liquid rom but it broke my phone so i kinda stayed away from roms)